No notification when blocking

Options
RoberGeenPaniek
RoberGeenPaniek Posts: 8 New Member

This has annoyed me very much!

While developing in Visual Studio, UWP applications would not start up. Even right from creation, without any real involvement from me.

Error message was "Unable to activate Windows Store app ... activation request failed ... Access is denied' This could mean a lot of things.

In the event viewer: "Unable to start DCOM Server ...". Which is like 'What ARE you talking about? DCOM?'

After a lot, and repeated, web searching I found a remark about F-secure, which led me to blocked applications (created and installed fully internally by myself!), and the ability to unblock. This has cost me DAYS.

In some cases there was reference to "Suspicious:W32/Malware!DeepGuard". I tend to switch that off.

The problem is that in such case F-Secure does not give a clear notification of what is going on, it is all happening in the BACKGROUND.

So, for F's sake: DISPLAY a notification!

Accepted Answer

Answers

• RoberGeenPaniek
    RoberGeenPaniek Posts: 8 New Member
    edited August 2020
    Options

Alright, I found the Windows notification settings, which I had switched off.

I have selectively enabled a couple now, including F-secure. Hopefully that will work better now. Yep, that definitely works better.

I had already excluded a couple of directories.

By the way, it would be handy if that could also be done from the events window.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info