Serious Problem: Which Web Browser To Use With FreedomE?

Hopeful_Future
Hopeful_Future Posts: 67 Contributor

Hi,

Sorry to be making a thread about this, but I searched these forums and the Internet and I couldn't find an answer.

This is my BIG worry:

That I have the FreedomE App running on my Windows 10 PC and I open my web browser and the websites/communities I'm logged into in my web browser like an Internet forum I'm a member of that's for only people in my country see that I'm logged in with a foreign/strange IP address and they ban me as they believe I'm sharing accounts OR breaking a rule OR trying to do something malicious when I'm not doing anything wrong at all.

How can I prevent this from happening?

Please let me know if I'm not being clear with my question!

Thank you for any advice!

Answers

• Hopeful_Future

The only idea I could come up with was this:

That I only use the FreedomE App on a separate Windows 10 PC and not on my main Windows 10 PC that I use to access the Internet forum that's only for people in my country.

It's an extreme idea but I can't think of anything else?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Dear @Hopeful_Future ,

Contacting administrator of the forum would be a good idea, but if the usage of VPN is prohibited in terms and conditions of the forum you probably won't be able to do anything.

Greetings,

Dawid

• Hopeful_Future
    edited July 2020

Hi DawidFS,

I appreciate your reply!

But I don't think I can get in contact with the sites administrators and there are multiple sites... 😪

The best idea I can think of is to ONLY use the FreedomE VPN App on a separate PC that doesn't have these Internet forums saved in the web browser?

Any other ideas would be much appreciated!

EDIT:

So it's clear, when I open my web browser the websites already have me automatically logged in so if I turn on the FreedomE VPN App and then open the web browser I'll have a different IP address to the websites.

• Sethu
    Sethu Posts: 687 Forum Champion
    edited July 2020

HI @Hopeful_Future

The purpose of Freedome VPN,  is the easiest and most effective way for people to protect their internet traffic and hide their identities online.

When you turn Freedome ON, it establishes a VPN connection between your device and F-Secure's servers. This means that, instead of using a direct connection between your device and the Internet, all data traffic is routed through those servers.

So yes, you will have a different IP address which makes your network communication anonymously. All data traffic use the IP address of the F-Secure server that you are connected to instead of your device's address. This means that, for example, web sites cannot identify your actual location or collect information on your browsing habits. F-Secure does not log or store any of your data, or connect any related information to you in any way.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info