iOS App does not allow subscription management

AdamR
AdamR Posts: 2 New Member

I have just paid for a 3 device subscription rather than the iOS-only version available through the App Store, as I have both iOS and Windows devices. However, the ‘Manage Subscription’ link in the iOS app takes me to a broken link and I cannot input my new code.

Please explain how I upgrade my iOS device to the new subscription.

The error that appears in Safari is:

ings metrics dialogIdMZFinance.ManageSubscriptionsLoginRequired messageSign in to manage subscri messageCode5074 options Manage Subscriptions CancelactionUrlbuy.itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZFinance.woa/wa/manageSubscriptionseventTypedialog failureType5074 customerMessageSign in to manage subscriptions. m-allowed dialog kindauthorization m-allowed messageSign in to manage subscriptions.explanationEnter your Apple ID and password and click Manage Subscriptions.defaultButtonok okButtonStringManage Subscriptions okButtonActionkindGotourlhttps://buy.itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZFinance.woa/wa/com.apple.jingle.app.finance.DirectAction/manageSubscriptionscancelButtonStringCancel initialCheckboxValue cancel-purchase-batch

Comments

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @AdamR

I can see your order for F-Secure Freedome VPN.

When you have installed F-Secure FREEDOME on your iOS device, you can activate the code as follows:

1. Open F-Secure FREEDOME on your device
    2. Tap the menu on the top left corner
    3. Tap Subscription
    4. Tap Log in under MULTI-PLATFORM:
    5. Tap Enter Account ID under Have an anonymous Account ID?
    6. Enter your code
    7. Tap Activate
  • AdamR
    AdamR Posts: 2 New Member

After all the discussions held regarding the management of my Freedome subscription, the advice has not worked. Annoyingly you also closed the case before the recommended action could be carried out.

I waited until the Freeedome subscription expired as recommended, then attempted to input the subscription code. Nothing works. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app, to no avail. It is, unsurprisingly, the same error; the iOS app, once used with a bespoke iOS subscription, cannot subsequently be upgraded.

Screenshots attached which confirm all the problems I am having. Suffice it to say, your app has a bug that prevents me from renewing the subscription. This is frustrating - having paid to secure my device (something I am actually required to do by the terms of my job) I am unable to do so without paying extra.

Since I have paid for a service, I would be grateful for a technical resolution; alternatively, I would accept a refund of the annual iOS app costs (£22.99) as it would appear I can only renew the subscription on this device through iTunes.

I would be grateful for a speedy resolution.

Screenshot 1 - confirmation in the app that the subscription has expired.

Screenshot 2 - the results of clicking the ‘Manage Subscription’ button.

Screenshot 3 - confirmation in the App Store that the subscription has expired, and the option to renew through iTunes.

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @AdamR

Kindly note that a support ticket closes after 8 days of no response from the customer. So you need to always reply to the automated emails that is being sent to you every 4 days to keep the case open, else it will automatically close.

Clearly, you may have cancelled your subscription with Apple and no subsequent charges would be made to your account, however Freedome VPN is still active as per the screenshot, hence you may keep using it on that device until it eventually stops working, then you will be able to enter the code.

In addition, this is a limitation from Apple as it stores the purchase history on the device even after cancellation. Please see this article from the Apple Support page https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info