Submitting a sample does not work

Kimmo13
Kimmo13 Posts: 32 Contributor

Hello,

I want to submit a sample but when I go in F-Secure Safe tools and try to click on "submit a sample", the page cannot be found 🤔 https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/labs_global/inform-us

Is it an issue ?

Accepted Answers

Answers

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

I am only an F-Secure user.

Yes, it is likely broken redirect or 'changed' destination for F-Secure SAS page. You can to use next one URL:

This one should be opened from main user interface "Tools" tab at the end.

Maybe it will be fixed later (on F-Secure servers/website). Sounds that their website is under redesign/restructuration/optimization. So, some URLs can be outdated / broken or legacy ones.

Thanks!

• Kimmo13

Hello Ukko,

Thanks for your help.

I'm not sure but it seems that your link is for business users and not for home users ?!

• Ukko

Hello,

I am also not sure. But, yes, the page is in the business section of their website.  And that also confuses me a bit.

However, there are some points about it:

• I did use it some days ago (despite the fact that it is located there). And I received response / result;
    • this is not the first time when Submit A Sample from Tools tab does not open the desired page. When I drew attention to this last time, the "fix" was a redirect to this mentioned URL (or maybe not exact this one, but it was also located under business section and looks as current one);
    • if to choose ""I want to give more details about this sample and to be notified of the analysis results"", required forms with inclusion of Home Solutions (as 'Affected product'). So, perhaps it is designed for Home users too.

Sorry for delay with my reply!

Thanks.

• Kimmo13

Hello,

Thanks Ukko for your answer/solution. I try and it is OK.

However I hope that this tools tab issue will be definitively fixed in the near future. Did you contact the support about it ?

• Ukko

Hello,

Actually, I did not contact support about current state. And my previous experiences were about beta program (so, I contacted F-Secure via beta channel. But not now yet).

But just because situation is not pinned to beta or to stable only - maybe to contact Support is most suitable step. Sounds that it is solely based on server configuration for this resource (that, maybe, should still be with redirect to correct current URL):

When I first time encountered this situation - I thought it is maybe pinned to software hardcoded (something) or just legacy destination after restructuration. But I am already not sure what is definitely wrong and what should be fixed or changed.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info