FS Protection blocking support box for Wise Care

Options
Candi1
Candi1 Posts: 58 Active Engager

I am using the FS Protection Beta program. I also use Wise Care to help keep my computer clean & running better. Lately, when I click on the little support button for Wise care, a new little box appears but it is blocked by FS Protection. If I click on "Allow website" & enter my password, it doesn't clear the block. How can I get it to stop blocking the support box? I'm using Windows 10 pc with all updates & Firefox with all updates. But Wise Care is a separate program. Thank you!

Answers

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,619 Superuser
    Options

Hello,

I am also only an F-Secure user.

Actually, good to know more about 'little box' (notification / prompt about blocking).

But, basically, you could try to submit Wise Care (application) or exact URL to F-Secure Labs via F-Secure SAS page:

• www.f-secure.com/en/business/support-and-downloads/submit-a-sample

As your own try to troubleshoot: if allowed website was with any additions to the URL - remove it. Place only "domainName.domainZone".

For example, not views like:

• f-secure.com/support

or

• www.f-secure.com

just and only:

• f-secure.com

But it should be helpful only if your experience is about blocked main URL and not about any subresources. Good if you will back with feedback. By the way, you should be careful with allowing websites - doublecheck that it is indeed valid URL and check the reason of block (harmful / suspicious or restricted content).

Sorry if I wrongly understood your concern.

Thanks!

• Candi1
    Options

Thank you Ukko. Wise care is a program I have been using for a couple of years. So I know it is a good site/program(nothing wrong with it). & you'd think if there was really something wrong with it, the main site/program would be blocked, not just the support box. I have made a beta Bug support ticket & they are looking into it. At first they thought it might be because I didn't have the newest beta version installed. But I made sure my computer updated & the check to see if problem continued. & it did. So they are looking into it. But I do really appreciate your help. Thank you very much!

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,619 Superuser
    Options

Hello,

you'd think if there was really something wrong with it, the main site/program would be blocked, not just the support box.

Maybe Support Box is about something like third party partner or their uncommon webpage / resource. Can be that this certain URL can be somewhat mistakenly rated under F-Secure Security Cloud.

However, good that you have already established communication with F-Secure team. :)

• Candi1
    edited March 2020
    Options

Oh ok, I see. That makes a little more sense then. Thank you for explaining. I really appreciate it. :) Yes, I'm in contact with beta support & they're looking into it. Thanks again!

• Candi1
    Options

Support was able to get the block cleared. Yay!!! Thanks again for your help Ukko!

This discussion has been closed.