"Soloution" marker missing and aother improvements
1) I received a mail telling me that "an answer posted in a monitored thread has been chosen as soloution". Opening the thread I am unable to see any hint which answer has been chosen.
2) Why does the system store hundrets of IPs I have been using to access the forum?
As this is not needed for opertaion please remove that feature for GDPR compliance.
3) RT-Editor still shows text markers in GREY, like they are unselectable. Please fix
4) Header an white space take too much area on the forum. the width is limited and does not fill my 1920x1180 screen. ony 1/4 of the screen is effectivly used for the treadlist.
5) The Forum is still missing a PRINT.CSS that revomes all useless stuff not needed on a printed document.
6) The use om Macros is nowhere explained. What are they used for?
Thank you for sharing your feedback and improvements.
About the point 1, if I open the thread, I'm able to view the solution for this particular thread. If you are still unable to view the solution, could you let us know if you see this issue when logged in? Does it not show the highlighted solution for you? A screenshot also might be helpful.
About the points 2-6, I will check on them and get back to you with more information.
The Screenshot I added is an other example how bad the forum is using the space on the screen because of the scrict width. The below, does not indicate anything to me.
Switching to the other sort-order highlights the "selected answer" post. So it is a CSS related problem that should be fixed.
Regarding the IP's shown, may I know from where/how do you see the hundreds of IP's? I checked internally with the team as well - we see 6 IP's or so in the settings. However, there is an option to delete the IP's if you wish to.
For the header and white space, we now have a new header for the community. Does it help now?
While as of today I can only see 6 IPs like you, the fact that I can delete them does not answer "why are they stored?"
I terms of GDPR this in unnessesary storage of personal data.
Same applies to the MobileDevice ID
Of the green embordered area, which is indicating my monitor's size, only the red marked areas contain needed information. the rest is wasted white space that I would rather like to be used by usefull"content" and not oversized headlines.
For point 3, the RT editor buttons have now been changed and it shows black buttons.
For point 6, about Macros, you can use macros to create boilerplate text that you can paste into any message. You can find more information about this in our FAQ page here under Posting Messages > Can I create canned or boilerplate responses?
For point 2, there are several reasons for storing IP's. To mention some:
- For Moderation: If we have abusive users on the community, we are able to not only ban users, but specific IP's.
- If someone gains access to another users account, we can investigate what IP has been used to login to said account, and then ban the IP.
When it comes to device id, nothing is currently stored here. This would be used if we have a community app, which we don´t currently.
However, in adherence to the GDPR, we allow the users to know what is stored and let them manage their personal data themselves (which is, you can delete it yourself).