F-Secure Safe and F-Secure Anti-Virus

Marki
Marki Posts: 12 Explorer

Can someone tell me what's the deffent between F-Secure Safe and F-Secure Anti-Virus?

Comments

• Marki

Thanks for the Reply Ukko

Your reply is very clear and good for me.

The reason for ask was. Then I was trying the trail version (safe) it's only install the anti-virus part. So I did not see the deffient between the two

Thanks for the help and the links  

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback!

The reason for ask was. Then I was trying the trail version (safe) it's only install the anti-virus part. So I did not see the deffient between the two

Strange a bit. Did you manage to install SAFE with both modules then?

Basically, on current day - SAFE with smooth integration for AV / BP parts. So, it is only visible as "settings". Browsing protection is also for "Browser addon". So, if there is an extension (Browsing protection) - then such a module is installed.

Thanks!

• Marki

I was trying anti-virus at 1 computer and Safe on anothter to see if there was any defference.

But I have now learn that F-secure uses there names for there produkt in a strange way. 

Then they have a produkt call Safe and one Total. And then I buy the Total produkt the name in my tray icons is called F-Secure-Safe. 

it's a lillte strage for me to understand.

Thanks for all the help

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

There are different solutions / packages (subscriptions).

For example,

This solution is for "Windows"-platform only. And it is about only AV functionality.

This solution is for "Windows"-platform only. AV and Browsing Protection modules.

This solution is multi-platform. Although, "installation" for Windows platform is something like set of features for F-Secure IS (where is Browing Protection module with ability to manage it via My F-Secure Portal).

This solution is multi-platform. In addition, it is package of next solutions: F-Secure SAFE - F-Secure Freedome VPN - F-Secure KEY and an option to purchase F-Secure SENSE. Package is covered by "one" subscription (not need to purchase F-Secure SAFE and to purchase F-Secure FREEDOME as different subscriptions, for example).

Comparison between solutions (subscriptions / packages): https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/compare-products

Then they have a produkt call Safe and one Total. And then I buy the Total produkt the name in my tray icons is called F-Secure-Safe. 

Thus, when you purchased F-Secure TOTAL - it is package of (subscription for) solutions: F-Secure SAFE + F-Secure Freedome VPN + F-Secure KEY.

When security solution is installed on Windows device (as example) - then it is practically "F-Secure SAFE". But subscription is for F-Secure TOTAL.

Although, I think that F-Secure TOTAL solution should be with such wording under user interface. Branded by "TOTAL" word rather than by "SAFE" word. However, tray picture menu, maybe, with F-Secure SAFE item as for "F-Secure website" AND some other places.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info