Script error - cannot solve; cannot uninstall

Sze
Sze Posts: 3 New Member

Hi there. I attempt to install F-SecureOnlineScanner, but a script error reappears whenever i attempt to install or to switch on my computer. This is a bit annoying. 

I have tried the official uninstaller, but it did not work. 

I no longer want to user this scanner anymore, but just want to get rid of the error message whever I turn my computer on. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Sze
  • Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

There was a discussion with related view:

Could you check this topic and doublecheck whether any suggestion is useful for your experience or not(?!).

Thanks!

• Sze

Many thanks. I indeed read all the related threads before posting, as the threads offer no quick solution.

I am using Window 7.  I no longer want to use any F-secure products given the troubles of the script error stuff, and I tried (1) update the IE, (2) untick "checking script errort" in IE, (3) use the official uninstaller for F-secure products.  But this script error box still appears everytime I login to my window.

I just want a simple method to remove this script box - I do not even want to use any F-secure products anymore.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.

Just as sidenote: I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

In general, it is possible to try reach their official Support Channel (chat as example) for potential remote help. Although, I am not sure whether this is a case for their work or not. But just because sounds that trouble is pinned to F-Secure Tool and there are multiple topics about - maybe good to, at least, inform them about. 

Probably, it is only not so tricky method to remove this script box.

Otherwise, need to troubleshoot a bit.

So, if Windows 7 with all available updates (installed) , Internet Explorer with most recent available build for Windows 7 (11) and with its further updates.... then good to check next things:

-- for example, what is about Autorun / Autostart keys?

With Windows 7 - possible to press "Win + R" (to launch "Run"), to type "msconfig" and then to open "Autorun / Autostart" tab.

Look if any entry is about this tool and if so - delete it.

-- maybe to clean up Browser's cache or Temp folders.

In addition, manually search filesystem against "F-Secure" keyword and to remove this folders.

Of course, restart/reboot system then and check situation.

-- another tricky suggestion is restore back Internet Explorer from its current build (Internet Explorer 11?) to default (to uninstall updates / deactivate it / or to install previous builds). Just as check (with further updating back).

There is another Microsoft article with good overview (perhaps):

Completely good itself, but also with steps how to remove Temporary Internet Files. And with suggestion to try install latest DirectX:

Although, these points (probably) were mentioned during previous discussions.

I will recommened to try "DirectX"-point before any futher steps.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.