Freedome cannot be installed on iPADs

Nike1
Nike1 Posts: 8 New Member

I have had F-Secure total for 5 devices and my two year subscription ended a few days ago. I purchased a new Total package for 3 devices from a store. I have installed Safe but when I try to install Freedome it won’t work on any of our two iPads. I have uninstalled both Safe and Freedome before I tried installing them again. One one iPad it just won’t open the link to App store and on the other iPad it opens the Appstore and I can download the Freedome App but when it opens it just tells me that the subscription has ended and I need to go to My F-Secure page to renew it (??) or follow instructions in email (which I have not received)

So what to do? This is really frustrating. Why can’t I fill in ordering code directly in Freedome app?

Comments

• Nike1

Hi

I have OS12. 2 on both Ipads.

I installed the Freedome from App store. I followed the activation steps point 1 & 2. But after that it says my subscription has ended. After that I cannot follow the activation steps as there are no Log in choice that can be made. Same on both of my iPads. Also on my daughter's Honor phone same thing. 

• Nike1

Hi, have anyone time to help me with this issue? I have paid for Total package but I can only use Safe at the moment so how are you going to help me/compensate me? 

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @Nike1 

Sincere apologies for the late response.

It appears that your old expired Freedome subscription is still active and the iPad still reads that subscription. Perhaps check that there is no acive subscription from via AppStore too:

1.  Go to Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store.
    2. Tap your Apple ID at the top of the screen.
    3. Tap View Apple ID. You might need to authenticate your Apple ID.
    4. Tap Subscriptions. (Any active subscription seen here?)

Please note that after a subscription expires, there is a "cool-off period" (3 days for monthly, 9 days for yearly subscriptions) during which it is not possible to enter a license key or log-in. This is a limitation with iOS devices and this is to push users to renew via AppStore. You will be able to login and activate your Freedome from TOTAL subscription after the cool-off period has ended. During this cool-off period, kindly uninstall Freedome VPN from the iOS device.

Click here to read more on switching from Key mode to Multi-platform subscription.

• Nike1

Hi, 

I can see no subscriptions. 

But that explains it then if there is a 9 day cool off period. 

If you want people to renew it via App store then why are you punishing earlier customers with more expensive prices than other stores? Nobody wants to pay more for exactly the same thing, right? Of course now you have made it difficult for those people with the cool off procedure so that might make people upgrade it via Appstore, except that I will look for a better product next time.

Why is there not a 9 day cool off period for Safe? Why is that working? That makes no sense..

• Nike1

Hi

So 9 days has passed. I still cannot install Freedome via My F Secure so I downloaded the app directly from App store. Now I can choose to activate my account by giving my Freedome account ID. Where can I see that from? I only have an ordering code (20 letters)

Niklas

• Jaims

Hi @Nike1 

A new version of Freedome was released today. Delete the app from your iPad (Settings > General > iPhone/iPad Storage > Freedome VPN > Delete App) and then try to reinstall Freedome VPN from App Store.

Once done, click on Subscription and see if you see options for Have a Code and Login.

• Nike1

Hi

I see both options logga in and Har du redan köpt en prenumeration på flera plattformar and återställ köp i itunes..

Then what? 

• Jaims

Hi @Nike1 

KIndly click here to see the steps again.

Once you login with your email and password, it will capture your Freedome subscription under F-Secure TOTAL.

• Nike1

Hi

Finally I got it working. 

Thanks for your help!

One tip for the future: please make it easier to upgrade. I understand that you want to earn money but why are you more expensive than others for the same product? That's just irritating. I think you should compensate those faitful customers who want to keep using your product by being cheaper instead.

Best regards, 

Niklas 

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info