FS Protection Anroid: Apps missing in Family Manager

Hi all,

on one of our Android phones some Apps have been re-installed after being un-installed and unused for a long time. In the past these apps have been managed in Family Manager already. But now, after installing these again, they are missing in Family Manager and thus, cannot be defined as allowed applications. FS Protection on cell phone simply blocks them. Latest version have beein installed already, FS Protection was re-freshed and even the mobile rebooted. But still, even after wainting for about 36h these apps are not listed in web management GUI.

Any ideas how to get this handled?

Br, Tom.

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am only an F-Secure user.

Just interesting (but sounds that it is already tried and noted by you):

-> did you try to manage already installed and listed applications?

For example, to change permission for listed application and check if device with changes about this application's state?

-> did you try to use fresh kids profile? or re-name kids profile or device name?

-> in addition, if it is not secret - what is noted applications are? And what is your Android build?

My experience was about such situations (list is not updated; or list is not applied to device, in fact). On current day - all OK with my device and, usually, reinstallation (with further restart device) was enough.

Thanks!

• tt-percomp
    tt-percomp Posts: 4 Observer

@Ukko  schrieb:

-> did you try to manage already installed and listed applications?

Sure.

-> did you try to use fresh kids profile? or re-name kids profile or device name?

No, as other features, like location services, works fine, there´s no reason to give this one a try. Something in app management seems to be broken.

-> in addition, if it is not secret - what is noted applications are? And what is your Android build?

eg. Minecraft. Android 8.0.x

Thx, Tom.
  • Tomte
    Tomte Posts: 2 New Member

Hello,

same problem here, with a Samsung A6 2016.

No remedy known so far?

Pretty annoying! A show stopper!

• Tomte
    Tomte Posts: 2 New Member

PS. It appears to me, that simply newly installed apps are missing!

This discussion has been closed.