cannot access settings or exclude files/folders

Keki
Keki Posts: 11 Enthusiast

Can not exclude files or folders in F-secure safe! Can  not sometimes access settings i SAFE. 

If i want to exlude a file then i can choose the file that i want to exclude but after that nothing happens. It wont show in  the excluded files list. And if i try to get back in to settings nothing happens when i click the settings.

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I'm only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

Can not exclude files or folders in F-secure safe! Can  not sometimes access settings i SAFE. 
    If i want to exlude a file then i can choose the file that i want to exclude but after that nothing happens. It wont show in  the excluded files list. And if i try to get back in to settings nothing happens when i click the settings.

It is trouble with one(?) of my systems (installation) too. I am not sure about any reasons and I did not find explanation (yet).

I reported such trouble (and related troubles) to beta channel;

With my experience - not possible to exclude files or to use Ransomware protection feature (to add fresh folders). Such trouble is there even after clean (clean) F-Secure reinstallation.

After try to use such options (exclude/ransomware protection protected folders) as part of "File and app control" (Quarantine) -> not possible to open Settings or to launch Scan (to use related buttons).

In addition, my experience is about troubles with 'quarantine'-functionality. But, likely, that your experience is not about exact such view.

I think that it is good if you will contact their official Support Channels (chat as example) for proper advice and investigation:

As my own workaround if I do need to use Settings (but not to exclude something):
    -> restart system (if Settings-button is 'broken' and not possible to open Settings already);

-> do not open Quaranine after restart;

Thanks!

// just found that I do able to repeat it with another system (Windows 7);

Before this - my experience was always about Windows 10 probably.

• Keki
    Thank you,
    Yes i can get in to settings by restarting my system but still not exclude files. This is strange because i also have 5 Safe licxenses and excluding files works on my sons computer. Both are windows 10 systems.
  • Keki
    I have also reinstalled safe on my system but that did not work either....
  • TifaOng
    TifaOng Posts: 32 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Keki,

Please contact our support to investigate the issue of excluding files on your computer.

• Keki
    Hello,
    I had a remote session with F-Secure support yesterday but they did not solve the problem. They recommended that i contact Microsoft support to check if i have corrupted system files. Used the sfc /scannow command but it did not find any problems.
    Problem is remaining. Cannot add folders or files to protect nor exclude files or folders. If i try that nothing appears on the excluded/protected list in app/file control and after that almost every "button is "dead" in the F-secure interface (app-file control, settings etc) Support tried everything yesterday, Created test account, uninstalled with removal tool, re-installed and what not. This is starting to get on my nerves now. :-(
  • TifaOng
    TifaOng Posts: 32 Former F-Secure Employee

Hey Keki,

Thank you for letting us know what was happening. I can tell that this is quite frustrating on you.

The best shot you have now is contacting Microsoft Support and scan for any corrupted system files. Here's their number if you need,

US: +1800 642 7676

UK: 0344 800 2400

AUS: 132058

• Keki
    Nothing wrong with my Windows system files.
    Are there programs/processes that are known to have compatibility issues with F-secure processes that i could look for? Is there some difference if i use a local account or my registred Wndows account to log in? I have both but i am using Local account when logging in....
This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info