WebSocket application is reset constantly after tens of minutes

JMQ
JMQ Posts: 4 New Member

Hello,

I am using MlesTalk Android application which maintains constant Websocket/TCP connection to an internet server. If Freedome is in use, the connection is not maintained up all the time, it get reset from time to time, like after 10s of minutes. Without Freedome, no issues. The service has 10 s Websocket ping interval, which should maintain bidir traffic state. Any solutions available?

Thanks,

Juhamatti

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Juhamatti,

May I know what is the version of Freedome installed on your device and also the OS of your android?

• JMQ

Thanks for your quick reply. The Freedome version is 2.4.8.7149 and OS version Android 6.0, 2017-07-01 sec level, V20g-EUR-XX, LG G4. The same issue has apparently be seen with Android 7.0, sec level 2017-08-05, Sony Xperia XA.

BR,

--

Juhamatti

• Laksh

Hi JMQ,

We are suspecting if this might be related to the Android 6+ newer power saving feature. Please provide the following information:

1. Does this happen when the phone is connected to a charger?
    2. Check the Android settings -> battery -> battery optimization. What setting do you see enabled?

• JMQ

Hi,

1. Answer: It does happen also when phone is connected to charger. Tested with 80% and full 100 % while connected to a charger. Tested with referred Android 6.0.

2. Answer: I see that power saver is enabled when under less than 15% battery. I also see that game optimizer is enabled for video quality. When going to Battery usage, I see nothing special. When checking Ignore battery optimizations, I can see that I am able to select Freedome to be ignored. Even when Freedome is selected to be ignored of battery optimizations, the issue still exists.

• JMQ

Hello. Too bad you cannot apparently fix it?

FYI, it works with ProtonVPN. I am afraid that it shall be my VPN client in the future.

• Laksh

Hi JMQ,

This might need further investigation from our support team along with the logs. I would recommend to contact our support team via chat or phone here in order to troubleshoot this further.

Please gather the logs when the issue happens and send us the logs for investigation.

• sammartin8935
    sammartin8935 Posts: 1 New Member

It works well with Ivacy VPN as well. Although it stopped streaming frequently with my previous VPN. 

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info