protection malfunction

hello, my F-Secure keeps coming up with "protection malfunction please restart your computer" yet everytime i do that the same thing happens over and over. can anyone help??

regards Scott

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

I'm also only an F-Secure user.

Just as potential startpoint:

-> if you rightclick F-Secure tray picture and choose "Open Common Settings" under menu: does Updates list with all statuses as installed?

Or there are some 'not installed' (or any other statuses) for some modules or entries?

-> does "such notification" keeps coming up just recently? If yes -> does there are any changes with system or software?

If no -> did you mean that "restart" is not useful at all(?); or it is useful, but only certain timeframe?

Thanks!

• Kellyclan
    Kellyclan Posts: 2 New Member

hi

thanks for the advice, i will have a look tonight when i get home from work.

with regards to the restart not working when being prompted, the F secure front screen just keeps saying verifiying antivirus protection. i dont think this actually ever manages to verify as after a certain time that is when im promted to restart and my computer is not protected.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info