How can I reactivate Freedome at my iPhone?

grill
grill Posts: 4 Observer

I transfered a license between two devices. The device I transfered it to works well with the license. But, I unfortunately transfered it from the wrong device. Now I want to reactivate Freedome at this device but it does not work. I deleted the the app and all related data but after reinstalling the app it still says that the abo is terminated. There is no option available to transfer the license from an other device to this one. Only a comment is shown that I should login in my account. What can I do?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi grill,

1. May I know how many devices have Freedome currently installed?

2. Is it Freedome multi device license, or is it Freedome from TOTAL?

• grill

Hi Laksh,

I have a TOTAL license for 5 devices. Freedome is currently installed at 5 devices. I would like to move one license from my iPad to my iPhone. But it does not work, obviously as I have had Freedome installed and active at this iPhone before.

I hope you can help. Thanks.

grill

• Laksh

Hi grill,

Have you uninstalled Freedome from your iPad (if you would like to transfer it from this device)?

Since it shows the option to login to TOTAL in Freedome, have you tried to login and transfer the license?

Did you have Freedome from TOTAL active in this device before? Or was it just a Freedome license on this iPhone?

• Laksh

Hello grill,

Just to add on, if you are still unable to transfer the license for Freedome, please get in touch with our support team via chat or phone here to troubleshoot further.

• grill

Hi Laksh,

Yes, I uninstalled Freedome from my iPad. But this does not releases the license. It keeps active even if the app and the vpn is not installed. A login in my account does not help either as the freedome devices are not shown. Only the devices at which SAFE is installed are explicitly shown. The activation or deactivation of SAVE does not influence the activation of Freedome. In addition, I use Freedome at more devices (iPhone, iPad) than SAFE.

The license I transferred by mistake away from the iPhone was a TOTAL license. Prior to that I had an Freedome abo via Apple.

Any further idea for a solution? If not I will contact the support team.

grill

• Laksh

Thanks for sharing what worked for you, grill! Glad to know the issue is resolved now.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info