F-Secure Mobile Anti-Theft. Did not enter all numbers in secure phone number..

Hi,

I'm afraid I did a big booboo when I set the secure telephone number on my free F-Secure Mobile anti theft installation.

I forgot that the number is displayed and sent with a "+" (plus sign) and country number code. In my case I should have

included " +47" before the number I dial ordinarily when I set the safe number.  The problem is that I have lost my safety

code... Yes, I know.. idiotic, but then, who among us have never failed Smiley Happy.  Is there any way for me to regain control over the

Anti-theft settings on my Nokia N8 (Symbian^3 ?)?

Help anyone?

johwir

Comments

• Stephan
    Stephan Posts: 340 Influencer

Hi johwir,

This is an issue we can not solve in our community. However, we might be able to help.

Could you please contact our support?

http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/contact

Feel free to refer to this thread when you open a support ticket.

Best regards,

Stephan

• one_a
    one_a Posts: 1

I have the exact same problem, although i'm pretty sure I remember my code but the software wont recognise it after i changed sim card. I'm back to the original sim card, and its working, but i still cant open the software using my security code. I have tried re-setting it by using my "safe" number, but it wouldnt work, now i can see why. I also forgot to add the country code "+45" to my safe number.

I have tried 3 times now to get in touch with your chat support service, but after 5-10 mins of waiting i get disconnected each time Smiley Sad

Can someone please help me?

• johwir
    johwir Posts: 2

Hi  one_a.

I found a way to fix this problem without consulting the support service, but I do not feel comfortable posting it for all to see.

Can you send an email adress I can reach you on to xxx@xxx.com?

Regards, johwir

• 2leftfeet
    2leftfeet Posts: 2

i too have the same problem... i will email you also

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info