fsecure blocks freemake video converter

Hi

each time I try and download freemake video converter f serure states it is a harmful web site

is this true as there seem to be millions of people who run freemake

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I'm also only F-Secure user (their home solutions).

Harmful-rating for website may be with different view. It may be false positive or reasoned rating (based on certain triggers and even with different meanings of 'harmful'-state).

If I managed to locate their website - direct downloading-URL is indeed blocked as harmful website.

But, in addition, my F-Secure installation will detect FreemakeVideoConerter setup file as PUA .

If you are suspect that such situation is false positive and wrong detection -> possible to use F-Secure SAS and transfer file/URL to F-Secure Labs for re-rate it:

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/labs_global/inform-us

My own feelings -> that noted software or domain was blacklisted with some of well-known or common databases which F-Secure do able to use for their reputation/rating Security Cloud knowledge.

In addition, there is always own workaround like "allow" blocked page or allow PUA-detected file. F-Secure will allow and respect user's decision about such things (if user is administrator of system). But with certain situation - it is dangerous (since website or software maybe hacked or compromised, for example).

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info