Have an unused licence that I can't use.

I changed my computers. I removed the licens from the old computer, but I didn't uninstall the programm. I don't really have access now to the old computer, because people are who they are 

My f-secure says I have a free  licens, I add the device, it downloads.

When I look on the f-secure page, it says this computer has a licens.

I open the f-secure set up, sign in and then it tell's me that I don't have a free license to use on the computer, even though the page says this computer has a license.

Is this because I only removed the licens from the old computer and didn't actually uninstall the programm?

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    Possibly, but does it not give you the option to re-use an existing, inactive license?
  • Kate22
    Kate22 Posts: 3 New Member

No, the old computer is removed, I don't have an unused license but a totaly free one, that I can install, but not use.

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    If this is for F-Secure SAFE, when you go to license the new installation, if you don't have an unused licence available, it should give you the option to re-use an existing licence. You can then take the licence from the installation that is on your old computer, but no longer being used. If that's not working for you, then you may need to contact customer services, and ask them to free up one of your licences.
  • Kate22
    Kate22 Posts: 3 New Member

That's the thing, the licence is free. When I'm at the set up stage and it tells me I have no new licens, it gives me an option to free a license and on the list is the new computer onto which i am trying to install the licens. The old computer is mentioned nowhere.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

@Kate22 wrote:

That's the thing, the licence is free. When I'm at the set up stage and it tells me I have no new licens, it gives me an option to free a license and on the list is the new computer onto which i am trying to install the licens. The old computer is mentioned nowhere.

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I'm only F-Secure user (their home solutions).

But does it possible to choose "this computer" from list as re-using license (even if it looks as this certain one). It will trigger installation further?

Or it is certain stuckpoint -> that after such step -> situation is pinned to 'trouble' with take licence in use?

With my own feelings -> system/computer should be visible under list ONLY after starting installation (or when installation is completed). Or something else (my F-Secure SAFE installation under My F-Secure Account portal was with strange view: installed only one device -> but listed as three ones; one active and two 'too much long time offline' -> maybe it was during tries to switch profile, re-activate licence installation or upgrade).

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info