uninstalling F-secure IS: safe mode / removal tool necessary?

hi

I'm currently running the latest version of F-Secure Internet Security on one

of my  laptops with win 8.1. I have no problems with this installation: everything

is running fine. I want to remove this installation of F-Secure and use it on my

brand new convertible (Lenovo Yoga).

My questions are:

A) In order to remove f-secure: is it necessary to boot the laptop into

Safe Mode and then start the uninstallation process via the

control panel-> uninstall programs?

I found some posts/threads on the internet/on some forums: they

recommened booting the machine in safe mode before starting the

uninstallation process via the  control panel -> uninstal programs....

B) Is it also necessary to run the removal tool after the regular

uninstallation process (via control panel -> uninstal programs) has finished

successfully ?

C) is it necessary to boot the laptop into Safe Mode before running the removal tool?

Thanks a lot !

greets from germany !

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I'm only F-Secure user (their home solutions).

And it is only my own unofficial suggestions:

->> it is not necessary to boot the laptop into Safe Mode for starting the uninstallation process (even it should work too).

So, for example, should be enough to use common Uninstalling steps with Control Panel.

It will 'remove' F-Secure Internet Security and will 'release' licence 'in use'.

F-Secure Uninstallation process with good view and maybe Safe Mode is not required (//later edited: it is also not likely can be recommended as generic advice).

->> the it is not necessary to run F-Secure Uninstallation Tool. But it can be useful to proper clean up system about left items (like some registry items?!, some logs-directories and so on).

With your situation -> it will be useful to clean up system. With some situations -> it will be necessary step (if there is stuck with previous installation or common uninstallation is not completed good).

With my own tries to reinstall (or even uninstall) F-Secure solution -> usually I did use F-Secure Uninstallation Tool (and also some other manual steps to clean up system). But just as try to create potential valid state for next 'clean' installation.

Also, maybe for some of previous builds of F-Secure IS -> maybe good to use previous F-Secure Uninstallation Tool;

->> run F-Secure Uninstallation Tool in Safe Mode is not needed maybe (even if it is possible).

for example, their official 'description' did not create any words about such requirements:

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info