New F-Secure blocking "good" websites

2»

Comments

• Cale
    Cale Posts: 288 F-Secure Product Manager

Hi,

I recommend you contact our support who will create a ticket about your issue and collect logs from your PC so that we can investigate your problem deeper.

-Cale

• KiloDelta
    KiloDelta Posts: 6 New Member

Many thanks I have sent them an email and await their response

• KiloDelta
    KiloDelta Posts: 6 New Member

Hi,

Any one on this thread who is still having problems as discussed I recommend logging into F-Secure Safe and clicking on tools, then click on submit a sample send a message regarding your problem.

You should get an email response with a reference number and a telephone number to call in about 24 hours. Upon calling the number a technician remotely conected and fixed the problem within a couple of minutes.

Good Luck!!

• bloke1968
    bloke1968 Posts: 8 Observer

Amazon told me they had started legal proceedings against F-secure and expect it to reach the courts in early 2018. They are losing millions if not more on customers being blocked form shopping.

F-secure, please retire your service and disappear please.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

@bloke1968 wrote:

Amazon told me they had started legal proceedings against F-secure and expect it to reach the courts in early 2018. They are losing millions if not more on customers being blocked form shopping.

F-secure, please retire your service and disappear please.

Hello,

Sorry for my ask. I'm also only F-Secure user (their home solutions).

Does such store based on situation that F-Secure (as some other companies) categorized Amazon.com as shopping website? If so -> strange, because even alexa.com do rate amazon.com as shopping-category website too.

Or based on situation that when user's do use Content Blocker (restrictions about certain categories as, for example, Browsers/systems do provide ability to use "Strict mode" for Search results and avoid certain content) - which he able to choose/change under settings -> he do not able to visit certain website (categorized as such category)? If so -> strange, because it supposed to be user's own decision.

Even this topic with trouble discussion -> I feel that it was possible to change by settings. Or by "allow website"-button (even required to allow some subdomains too; but if I do tweak under my browser's settings - I also do not able to use many services - they just broken when not possible to use scripts or certain rights).

If not -> I'm not sure why F-Secure do not published any notifications, articles and explanations about this trouble.

Or there something else?

Thanks!

• bloke1968
    bloke1968 Posts: 8 Observer

They send out updates they never checked properly is why. They also work to censor the internet by pretending websites are harmful. They are a big threat to free speech and the russian hackers are a much smaller problem if you ask me.

F-secure is Big Brother.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

@bloke1968 wrote:

They send out updates they never checked properly is why. They also work to censor the internet by pretending websites are harmful. They are a big threat to free speech and the russian hackers are a much smaller problem if you ask me.

F-secure is Big Brother.

Basically, not.

F-Secure is cyber security and privacy company.

And they do their work when their customers/users do ask it. And it's can not be a censorship - only because they do not hide the information or replace it by another information AND they do provide abilities to overwrite their decision to user's own decision.

When it not works (like you noted - bug)  -> it should be fixed. If it not fixed -> so company doing their work not good. And they should to do it better.

Also they do check/test their updates (you can find confirmation for this). And concerned this topic/update -> I able to feel that they did not expect/want to roll out update  where "freshly added category" (as shopping/auctions) for Content Blocker/Parental Control module will be checked by default. Sounds as 'small flaw'. IF such modules was disabled by user (but re-enabled with update) -> sounds as mistake. But after report -> they push out update (which works for my installation, as example) with fixes. AND most likely it was always possible to edit/re-configure manually.

I also not sure why you do afraid Russian hackers unless you do something illegal or tricky. And especially compare to F-Secure as big threat (even it only software - which you able to use or not - if you do not like it).

For example, user do not able to use Google or Amazon services with classic OS and Internet Explorer 6. Such services will be not work mainly. And this more sounds as something 'strange', than situation when security software trying to do their 'expected' work (with options to overwrite their decision by some ways).

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info