Freedome VPN impossible on iPhone SE with 10.3.3

VPNnewbie
VPNnewbie Posts: 4 New Member

Hello, I read through old posts about people being unable to connect and wondered if this is still an unfixable problem?  I connect fine on my Mac laptop, but to the very same wifi network, my iPhone cannot.  Freedome just keeps "checking" and never connects.  Sometimes it gives the error "the vpn server did not respond".  What to do?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi VPNnewbie,

Have you tried to connect to a different location and check if it works? Does it happen to all the locations or only to a particular location?

Is this the first time you're seeing this error? Was Freedome working well before?

Have you tried to connect to a different network (Wi-Fi or Data network) and check if it works?

• VPNnewbie

Hi, thanks for the reply.  It doesn't work anywhere.  Wifi locations elsewhere in town, the same wifi network in a different building, etc.

This is the first time I'm using Freedome on my phone.  I installed it on my computer and it works on the wifi network just fine.  But when I try to use my phone on it, it goes nowhere.

• [Deleted User]

Hi VPNnewbie,

Since you mentioned your computer works fine on the network, what is the model of your router?

Please have a look at the KB articles here and here to check if this helps in your scenario.

• VPNnewbie

Thanks Laksh,

It's a business network, so I don't have access to the router.

• [Deleted User]

Hi VPNnewbie,

Just to add on, I would also like to highlight this article regarding Port configuration for Freedome in iOS.

• VPNnewbie

Thanks, but I can't do anything with port configurations, since I don't have access to the router.  However, as it happens I traveled out of town (and out of the country) and it is working here.  I don't know why.  I will see if it works once I'm back again.  Also I have updated to iOS 11, so I can see if that helps.

• [Deleted User]

Hi VPNnewbie,

Thanks for updating us. So, it might be the router which is causing the issue.

Sure, keep us posted.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info