Deepguard blocks games installed from Steam

Hi, 

I found multiple posts already about same topic in this community and all closed due inactivity.

Ref:
https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-SAFE/F-Secure-incompatibility-with/td-p/33833

I have purchased games from Steam and I have had to turn-off Deepguard to be able to play them. 
-Toy Story 3
-LEGO Pirates of Caribbean

Please comment what is your plan to fix this?

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I'm also only F-Secure user (their home solution):

Just as my own unofficial suggestions/feelings:

--> Probably F-Secure did a lot (?! or something) to fix/prevent such situations;

So.. maybe good to know: does your experience about latest F-Secure AV/IS/SAFE solution-builds?

--> If there is latest release (17.0 as example): maybe good to create fsdiag and contact F-Secure Support Channels (chat/phone) for certified help;

--> If there is previous builds (16.5 or so): maybe possible to try tips about "Compatibility mode" from this reply:

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-SAFE/F-Secure-incompatibility-with/m-p/33839/highlight/true#M6034

If this step is helpful: maybe possible to exclude game's folder under F-Secure Real-time Scan settings;

This is can be more good workaround than to disable/turn off DeepGuard;

With another meanings: I able to think that such troubles based on build-in protection/checks under Games. For prevent cheating (?!) or something else.

Mainly F-Secure/DeepGuard did their work there and Games maybe not; OR if this is based on own Steam technologies (maybe they also able to exclude such security software triggers);

Sorry for my reply. Good if you will receive official response from F-Secure Teams.

Thanks!

Hi,

Please submit a sample of the false positive to https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/labs_global/submit-a-sample. You have to select "I want to give more information" and then "False positive" from the type and you can even add to description that turning off DeepGuard fixes the issue, because that helps narrow down the issue. Unfortunately I can't do this for you, since you need to attach the executable.

I personally have over 200 games in Steam collection and have not run into issues, but we can't test for all games obviously.

(F-Secure R&D)

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

• wanosat
    wanosat Posts: 2 New Member

thanks for the tips. i'll check once i get back from trip. not sure if i'm able to submit sample, since i did not get any alert or anything else. i just wondered why my games won't start and read through forums for help and found info that if using f-secure product, disabling deepguard helps and it did. nothing else seemed to work.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info