F-Secure FREEDOME connectivity issues

Options
Rob6
Rob6 Posts: 2 New Member

I'm F-Secure FREEDOME subscriber and have been using it on my iOS 10 and iOS 11 and macOS 10.12.6 (16G29) devices for several months without many issues. But over the last few days or so, I'm seeing an increase incidence of connectivity problems. If I turn off FREEDOME, I get great connectivity (Charter Spectrum is my ISP, ~60mbps down, ~5mbps up), but when I turn FREEDOME on, it works for a bit, but I'll notice later that it completely stops. Several times a day, I turning FREEDOME off and then back on, and that's how I'm restoring the VPN connectivity. 

I was willing to dismiss the iOS behavior on some iOS 11 beta weirdness, but the problem is now plaguing my macOS laptop, too, which is not running beta software.

Have there been any service interruptions recently? Is there a way I can check the server status? Is there some way to diagnose what's going on from my end? 

Thanks.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee
    Options

Hi Rob6,

May I know if the connectivity issues happen with all the devices, including your other iOS device?

Is it happening with a particular location on these devices? Have you tried to change the location and see if there is any change?

Does it happen at any particular time or is it random?

• Rob6
    Rob6 Posts: 2 New Member
    Options

Yes, the problem is occurring on multiple devices, which is why I started to suspect something broader.

I haven't tried multiple locations on my iOS devices, but I have from macOS. And introducing a different location did not solve the problem. I tried three different US locations, two on the West Coast, and one for East Coast. The next time I have the problem, I'll try different locations from devices, too.

I haven't noticed any pattern of when the problem occurs, but I haven't really been paying attention to that. I will in the future.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Hi Rob6,

To add some additional information, since it affects both Mac and iOS, it must be something in the network as these two OS use totally different VPN protocols. Could you try to connect in a different network, may be a different Wi-Fi network or mobile data network and see if this problem occurs?

• Make5
    Make5 Posts: 5 New Member
    Options

Hi, I have experienced same problems with iPadmini(10.3.3) , iPhone7( 10.3.3) and Macbookpro. Started 36 hrs ago. No Connecticutin to Office Wi-Fi at all. It even disturbs the mobile connection.  The mobiledata works ok if  Wi-Fi connection on device is turned off, thou battery runs out quickly. Other devices not using Freedome work just fine. And if I the freedome off the oockla Speedtest show normal Numbers.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Hello Make5 and Rob6,

Could you please let us know which specific location/s have you been connecting to for this issue to occur?

Could you try to use Finland location and see if you can reproduce the issue with that location as well?

• Make5
    Make5 Posts: 5 New Member
    Options

Hi,

Finland is the location that doesn't work. The others that i've tried work properly. 

Thanks! 

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Thanks for the update, Make5. Please get in touch with our support team along with the logs as this needs further investigation. You can generate the logs as mentioned in the KB articles here and here.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info