Mac OS X Crashes (kernel panics) when using Freedome

Wizzu
Wizzu Posts: 1 New Member

Hi,

I've been using Freedome for Mac OS X since about the beginning of the year (2016). During this time I've started to experience occassional, but frequent system crashes, where the laptop restarts due to a problem (kernel panic). Mostly these happened when waking up from sleep, but it was not just that, it could also be e.g. in the middle of writing a comment on a web page. The current process at the time of the kernel panic varies, sometimes it was Freedome but often something else.

At first I did not attribute these to Freedome rather than faulty hardware. However, now that I have turned off Freedome entirely, I have gone without a crash for well over a week or two. Previously they happened daily, sometimes multiple times per day. To me it seems that Freedome is the cause of the crashes on my laptop.

I'm using a MacBook Pro (early 2013 model), with El Capitan (version 10.11.5 - but the crashes happened with the previous OS version too). My Freedome version is currently 1.5.3284.0.

Thoughts? Ideas how to debug this, or (ideally) stop the crashes from happening?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info