No internet connection when Freedome is on

Selina
Selina Posts: 3 New Member

I've had this problem for quite a while now. When I turn on Freedome on my computer at some point the internet connection is lost. The computer says it's still connected to my Wi-Fi network, but it's not actually connecting to the internet. When I turn Freedome off, I'm back online. Tried this with several locations, always the same result. If I restart the computer, it works for a while again, but the problems always come back. I have Windows 8.1 on my computer, my Android tablet doesn't have any problems with Freedome.

Comments

• Chameni
    Chameni Posts: 234 F-Secure Employee

Hi Selina,

Welcome to our Community!

Sorry to know about your issue; hope we can help you troubleshoot your issue here.Does this issue occur when connected to any location on Freedome? And which is the version of Freedome installed on your current computer?

Thanks

• Selina

Tried with several locations and always end up having the same problem.

I'm currently running the 1.3.2906.0 version, but I had problems with the older one as well. 

• Selina

I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Freedome. The only change was that now internet connection is lost immediately after switching Freedome on. Before it took a few minutes at least.

• Scrooge
    Scrooge Posts: 1 New Member

I have the exact same problem. With Freedome on the internet connection doesn't work and with Freedome off it does work. Uninstalling and reinstalling did not fix the problem either. The problem occurs also with every location. I also have Windows 8.1. and the version 1.3.2906.0. The problems started a couple of days ago.

• JPili
    JPili Posts: 1 New Member

Same kind of problem.

First try during 15 days test with France (win 8.1 x64) : everything wents fine.

I close & exit Freedome and no internet connection anymore (Firefox & Thunderbird).

I had to uninstall and reboot the PC to recover internet.

• Chameni

Hi Selina, Scrooge & JPili.

I'm sorry to hear about this issue, we're checking with the respective team regarding this. We will update accordingly once there is a feedback.

Thank you.

• Chameni

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, regards to this is the issue persist I would recommend  to open a support ticket and include the Freedome Log to your request so we can investigate better this issue.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info