start-up problem after using F-Secure Booster (cleaning and speeding up)

After cleaning and speeding up with F-Secure Booster, my laptop has big problems to start up: a blue screen during about 5 minutes or more before starting up. After restoring my system at a point before using F-Secure Booster my laptop start up again in a few seconds. Thus I can not use  F-Secure Booster anymore without having start up problems . Anyone can help me to solve this probelm ?

My Laptop:  HP Pavilion HP 15-pn045nd,   system: Windows 10

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi jipe and Simon,

We understand Booster is a new product and might still cause some confusion towards how is it supported. You can find the official KB article  under this URL about the product technical support: https://community.f-secure.com/t5/Security-for-PC/How-can-I-get-technical-support/ta-p/68234

As you can see, it is not possible to open a support ticket for booster, as it is supported via community, like other products such as Younited.

@jipe, regarding your concern, we apologize for the inconveniences caused and we will try our best to give you more information on this issue. We will communicate with you via this thread in case we need to collect more details, or to provide you with some steps to help us troubleshoot the problem. I had a word with the Experts and with a blue screen, it is difficult to say what the exact problem would be without having the exact error message shown on the screen. Could you please provide us the exact error message seen during the blue screen?

You may also try to provide us the logs for the Product (if the product has not been uninstalled from the machine, but just that the device is restored back to a previous state). The logs for the product can be obtained from:

C:\ProgramData\F-Secure\F-Secure Booster

A Bluescreen is normally a hardware crash, this could be due to a driver problem or a hardware issue. It is unlikely that most of the functions would cause this problem. The only way to really diagnose this, is to run the modules individually and then see after which module the crashing starts. At least this way, we can narrow down on the module which is causing this.

Thank you!

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

@Laksh wrote:

Hi @jipe and Simon,

We understand Booster is a new product and might still cause some confusion towards how is it supported. You can find the official KB article  under this URL about the product technical support: https://community.f-secure.com/t5/Security-for-PC/How-can-I-get-technical-support/ta-p/68234

As you can see, it is not possible to open a support ticket for booster, as it is supported via community, like other products such as Younited.

Hi @Laksh

I have to say, I think it is a little disappointing that a paid for product cannot receive support via a support ticket.  We have had lots of queries on here regarding licensing, which we obviously cannot answer for data protection and privacy reasons, and if the Booster product does something unexpected to a user's machine, a support ticket may be the best way to resolve any problems, possibly with an FSDIAG?

• jipe
    jipe Posts: 5 New Member

Hi Simon, I didn't get an error message , i got the blue starting screen which ususally appear only during about 5 seconds at start-up (very fast start up with HP Pavilion HP 15-p045nd (turn-on fast start progr. integrated in my laptop),  about 10 seconds), but when I use F-secure booster i get the blue screen between 7 and 12 minutes .

Afters restoring my laptop on a restore point before using Fsecure booster for the first time  my laptop starts in about 10 seconds .

So I don't use F-Secure Booster anymore until the problem can be solved.

I will try to use F-secure booster again on sunday (because if i still have problems on start up , it cost time to restore again), but with first de-activationg the fast start program from HP

• jipe

Have used Fs-Booster again after de-activationg the fast start program from HP, same problem again: start-up takes about 8 minutes. 

Have done a FSdiag file but can not send , Fs-Booster not supported by Helpdesk !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will now do a restore and will delete soon FS-Booster forever , will also never use again any F-Secure product  (after using F-Secure internet security since many years).

FS-Booster is a **bleep** program , 30 Eur, for **bleep** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• jipe

Still big problems with F-secure booster.

Starup takes about 6 minutes and restart about 8 minutes, but I can not uninstall F-secur booster nor reinstall properly F-secure booster. 

To resume I have startup problems and  3 more additionally problems:

- Problem 1 : when I try to uninstall F-Secure Booster I get the following message:  C:\program  files(x86)\f-secure\f-secure Booster\unins000.msg is missing , please correct the problem or obtain a new copy of the programand i can not uninstall F-secure booster.
    - Problem 2 : when i try to reinstall correctly F-Secure Booster I get the following message: you have already installed and activated a F-Secure full version and cannot install additional F-secure full versions.
    - Problem 3 : F-Secure Booster is still working but not properly:  I get the following message: Error: 0x0000135 (KERNELBASE.dll)     the program cannot start because the file C:\program  files(x86)\f-secure\f-secure Booster\modules\internetTuningModule\IntOptSettings.dat is missing  try reinstalling the program to fix this problem

F-secure Booster is still installed and working unproperly and I can not uninstall the program nor reinstalling the program properly !!!! I can not do anything !!!!

• jipe

Even restoring my laptop to early restore points doesn't solve any problem,

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi jipe,

I will send you a Private Message for further discussion on this issue.

• philo
    philo Posts: 4 New Member

I'm having problems with start up too. 

If I shut down and restart I get a message: " the user profile service failed the login"

"user profile cannot be loaded"

The only way I can get my 'puter to start is by starting in safe mode and using system restore to go back to an earlier date.

Any suggestions? Or should I just scrap Booster as a bad job and uninstal it?

This discussion has been closed.