Unable to start VPN iOS 8.3

KevinH
KevinH Posts: 6 New Member

Ì am unable to start the VPN service on my iPhone running iOS 8.3.

I get the message: "The VPN-Server is not responding".

I portforwarded UDP 500 and UDP 4500, reinstalled the app, reinstalled the certificate. Nothing is working.

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi KevinH,

Could you please provide the following details to check further on this?

1. What is the location you selected when turning Freedome on?

2. Do you still see the error message today when you select a different location?

3. Please provide us a screenshot of the error message in the application when you try to turn on.

• KevinH

1. What is the location you selected when turning Freedome on?

- Every location except The Netherlands.
    2. Do you still see the error message today when you select a different location?
    - Yes I do.
    3. Please provide us a screenshot of the error message in the application when you try to turn on.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Laksh

Hi KevinH,

Based on your error message seen, could you please check the steps provided in this link?

This other link is mainly for the issue where Freedome is unable to establish a connection in iOS 9 devices.

• KevinH
    Hello Laksh,

Both haven't worked. But the issue is within my network since I can connect via LTE. I enabled IPSec and portforwarded UDP/TCP 500 and 4500. Gave my phone a permanent IP.
  • Laksh

Hi KevinH,

So, just to confirm, does this issue/error message happen only when Freedome tries to connect using yourr network? Does it work fine when connecting through LTE?

• KevinH
    It works fine through LtE. I have IPSec enabled and portforwarded UDP 500 & 4500 in my router.
  • KevinH

image.jpgThis is what happens when I try to connect using my WiFi. After this I need to disable the service via LTE and reconnect to my WiFi.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info