Does F-Secure have ANY customer service?

Not happy that I submitted a support ticket a while back and still no reply. This is very bad customer service for one of the most expensive security products out there!

Number: xxxxxxxx
Created: 2014-11-20
Subject: 5 Computer license

Case number removed - we consider it personal data and recommend not sharing it publically.

- Stephan, F-Secure Team

Comments

• MatrixLeader
    MatrixLeader Posts: 29 Observer

WOW! no customer service and a dead forum! Just like Panda Security! 0 customer service!

Ill ask for a refund due to this poor customer service

• MatrixLeader

Submitted another ticket due to no response ( xxxxxxxx )

Case number removed - we consider it personal data and recommend not sharing it publically.

- Stephan, F-Secure Team

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    @MatrixLeader - you may not be aware that F-Secure Support doesn't usually work weekends. As for the forum being 'dead', that is clearly not the case, but licensing issues cannot be dealt with on a public board, for security and data protection reasons.
  • MatrixLeader

I understand about the weekend fact, but the first ticket was submitted last Tuesday man....

• Simon
    Oh right, admittedly that is quite a delay. Just a thought, but have you checked your email spam folder? If you're waiting to install, you could always use a trial version while the subscription is being sorted out.

https://www.f-secure.com/en_GB/web/home_gb/internet-security#trial
  • MatrixLeader

Yeah I am on the trial now although I have a 3 uer / 2 year license which I didn't activate yet as I was awaiting a reponse from customer service with regards to how to reinstall the AV if I do format.

They finally got back to me after 8 working days which is very bad in my books but what the heck...

what's disappointing is I asked them how can I upgrade my license from 3 user to 5 user license and they said they can't do it after it was purchased, well hello, the online store doesn't give you a choice, it's only 3 users / 1 yer or 3 users / 2 years.....no 5 users option.....

With NOD32, they have upgraded my license when I asked them and even downgraded my ESET Smart Security license to a NOD32 Antivirus license upon my request as I didn't like their firewall and in return they gave me extra validity on the NOD32 license. That is customer service, all replies were within a few hours.... very disappointed with the speed of response of F-Secure, the live chat was dead when I needed it, and not flexible upgrade options.

For a product that charges the most out of all available security solutions out there, it is not leaving a good footprint in me so far to be honest and I won't ever renew my license with this level of customer service.

• Simon
    OK, thanks for the update.
  • Stephan
    Stephan Posts: 340 Influencer

Hi MaXimus666,

I'm terribly sorry you feel we do not have any customer service.
    We feel that customer service is very important and are always working on bringing you the best experience possible.

We received your request on Thursday the 20th.
    As you know, we're replied to you Sunday.

I understand that you are not satisfied with the response time to your email.

Please note, that we do have a live chat support, that gives you real-time responses, something that e-mail can seldom deliver.
    Our chat is open on weekdays during business hours.
    You can check it out here.

It's probably the best way to get a immediate answer.

You've said, you submitted a request already on Tuesday? I was unable to find that one.
    Could you send me the case number via private message? Would like to follow it up and find out what went wrong there.

As for your second ticket, I merged it with your original request from Thursday.

I hope we can welcome you back as a valued F-Secure customer.

Best regards,

Stephan

• Hönö
    Hönö Posts: 64 Contributor

@Stephan wrote:

Please note, that we do have a live chat support, that gives you real-time responses, something that e-mail can seldom deliver.
    Our chat is open on weekdays during business hours.
    You can check it out here.

You say "business hours" but you do not (and the page you refer to does not) state which country's business hours the service honors. Please clarify.

• Stephan

@Hönö wrote:

You say "business hours" but you do not (and the page you refer to does not) state which country's business hours the service honors. Please clarify.

Hi Hönö,

Apologies, should have been more specific.

I was referring to local business hours, based on your location and language.

E.g. if you are located in the UK, our UK support team is available Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm GMT.

If you are in the US, our team is available Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm, following your local US time zone.

We also have chat services in Finnish, Swedish, German, Italian, French and Japanese, again available in the respective local business hours.

Hope I was able to answer your question.

Cheers,
    Stephan

• Hönö
    Hönö Posts: 64 Contributor

Yes, thank you, the answer satisfies me. But I still think you could add a little something about the business hours to the caht contact page too.

• Stephan

Good point, will forward your feedback.

Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info