TP 99.5 Virus Definition Not Updated?

2»

Comments

• Fuzz
    Fuzz Posts: 22

Can someone from the Beta team look into this please? I have no Aquarious updates in 2 days.

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    I have reported this to the beta team, but haven't had a response to this latest issue yet.

Fuzz, have you tried manually updating from the link Tomi posted the other day? That is supposed to be updated with latests definitions.

This is not an acceptable situation, though. I realise there is a risk to beta testing, but this appears to be an issue with the update server, not the product itself, and we shouldn't be left vulnerable like this.
  • Fuzz

OK. Thanks for the reply. So the update tracker is not used for the Beta testers,this is good to know. Are we still protected with the latest virus definitions?

• Simon
    OK, thanks for the info, Tomi. So, does that mean that beta testers are ahead or behind 'normal' users in terms of updates?
  • Simon
    Sorry, didn't see Fuzz's reply before posting mine. :)
  • Tomi
    Tomi Posts: 42 Contributor

Beta users are also protected by the latest virus definitions. Just the release cycle is not mirrored on the production channel and therefore the dbtracker is not always reflecting the current definition version in the beta channels. Also keep in mind that you are always protected also by the Deepguard and its heuristics.

• Simon
    Thanks Tomi, and apologies for my assumption of it being a server issue.
  • Fuzz

Apologies here also. We cannot be expected to know all about what goes on at F-Secure so we can only do what we can to make the program better. Thanks to everyone who showed interest in this post. Guess we all learned something.Smiley Happy

• NikK
    NikK Posts: 903 Forum Champion

Off topic, I'm just curious in why 9 posts on page 4 here is marked as the solution?! Has the forum platform itself gone nuts or is someone playing a joke with us?

A Q to the mods: Is there any way to see who set the solution? That would help in cases where a solution seems to be set by mistake, which happens every now and then.

• Simon
    It was quite possibly me, clicking the wrong button while on my phone. The Solution button is very close to the Reply button, and it wouldn't be the first time I've done it! I'll unmark it.
  • Simon
    Actually, it's not one of my posts, so probably wasn't me, but I've unmarked it anyway. Feel free to correct if that's wrong. :)
  • NikK
    NikK Posts: 903 Forum Champion

ok :)

An advice to all who haven't activated Quick Reply: In My Settings - Preferences - Display

This allows easy and quick replies without reloading pages and using forms/text areas. Great for phones. It also moves the Solution button to its own row:

quickreply.png

• Simon
    It does indeed, but it's still next to the Add Comment button on the Mobile site. Smiley Very Happy
  • Simon

There's another one marked as Solution when it clearly isn't, here:

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Security/Message-quot-Your-computer-is/m-p/38389#M7001

By the way, back on topic, today's Aquarius and Hydra updates have arrived and installed.  :)

• Rusli
    Rusli Posts: 1,012 Influencer

Hey Bros,

F-Secure have release a new version.

Anyway, just to drop a note to all of you here in the Forums!

Merry Christmas to all of you here (including all Staff at F-Secure!) and a have a great joyus New Year!!!

Peace!!!

Alright...!!!!

This discussion has been closed.