PSB Workstation Security 10.00 build 192 due to expire

In 14 days, it is 2 November now, my product, installed by my computer technician, is due to expire and I cannot get support from FSecure to tell me which to buy for my home PC running Windows 7.  I want a similar product to the one installed but do not know which to buy.

Can anyone advise me please because I initiate a technician support chat and they disconnect after 15 minutes without talking to me.

I am thinking, I have to say, of looking elsewhere now for another make of product although I would prefer to continue to use this one.

Thank you

Best Answer

Comments

• Thank you so much for your advice.   I shall purchase the 2014 edition I think.  Is that compatible with my software/program do you know?

• BlackcatBlackcat Posts: 511

Is that compatible with my software/program do you know?

I am not sure what you mean by this?

• Will it work on Windows 7 please?

Yes, it is compatible with Windows 7; http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Security-for-PC/What-are-the-system-requirements/ta-p/27666

But how well it runs will depend upon your computer's specification.

I am running the program on a Windows 7 SP1, 64-bit laptop without any slowdowns - (i7-3520M GHz, 6GB RAM)

As long as your computer is not too old you should be able to run it without any performance problems.

• Thank you. Computer is just over a year old so I will hopefully be OK.  I like FSecure so will bite the bullet and give it a try.  I hope I do not make an expensive mistake!

Thank you for your help and advice and guidance, fellow feline!  My cat is black and white and 11 and since I lost my husband tragically is so very clingy and understanding - or could it be just more hungry!

Roslyn

Chrissy

Hi Roslyn

"Computer is just over a year old so I will hopefully be OK."

You should be fine.

" I like FSecure so will bite the bullet and give it a try.  I hope I do not make an expensive mistake!"

After you have uninstalled the Workstation version, before you think of buying the Home IS version, give it a trial for a month to see how it suits you and your computer; http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/internet-security#trial

"Thank you for your help and advice and guidance, fellow feline!"

We cats must stick together!

"My cat is black and white and 11 and since I lost my husband tragically is so very clingy and understanding - or could it be just more hungry!"

Knowing cats, it's definitely the latter Smiley Wink

Chrissy
  • Oh thank you so much.  I shall try this today.  It is good advice and, as you suggest, best to see if it suits my computer.

Now I must go and rake up leaves from the gardens yet again.   For lots of reasons I hate autumn.

Thank you again.

This discussion has been closed.