iOS - Issues with Website Security and Feature Suggestions for FS Protection

Hax0r
Hax0r Posts: 3 New Member

Dear F-Secure team,

I hope this message finds you well.

While browsing websites using the internal secure browser of FS Protection, I noticed that it opens a new window in Safari, causing the page to load outside the secure environment. I’m currently using iOS 18.1 beta 7 and do not experience this issue with the public app’s safe browser.

Additionally, I’ve observed discrepancies in website analysis between the internal browser of beta and the public “F-Secure” app. Some malicious websites flagged correctly by the public version are either marked as safe or “not yet scanned” when using the Safari extension. This raises the question of whether the malicious database is consistent across both public / beta platforms.

As a suggestion, I would appreciate more advanced features in the VPN, such as an internet kill switch and IP “round robin.” The kill switch is particularly important for security.

It would also enhance user experience if there were an option to request website analysis directly from the Safari extension for sites that haven’t been scanned yet, as well as report false negatives. Currently, only false positives can be flagged, which limits user feedback. Manually submitting malicious websites through your webpage is time-consuming and inefficient.

For example, when visiting known phishing websites like https://phishtank.org/, I found that several malicious sites (e.g., fake ING Banking, BT account, and Siemens websites) are not blocked by your system. This process seems slower than expected, especially given F-Secure’s renowned use of AI and machine learning. A more proactive solution, even with more false positives, might be preferable to missing potential threats.

I hope my suggestions are clear, and I apologize for any language inaccuracies as English is not my first language.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Kind regards,

Comments

• Hax0r

Here is an example of malicious websites directly flagged as secure by FS Protection and F-Secure Safari extensions :

https://zez.am/xxtswe

• Hax0r

here is an example of discrepancy between F-Secure and FS Protection Safari extensions. On your own website. One show the site to be safe and one is greyed out saying that the website has not yet been analysed