App not active

e_net
e_net Posts: 1 New Member

I have a subscription for F-Secure Total with seven licenses. Some of the secured devices have not been protected for some weeks. I've managed to reconnect all of them, but one refuses to open your app. The computer is an iMac running Mac OS Sonoma v.14.6.1. Without the ability to open this app, we can't activate the protection. I've tried restarting the computer, uninstalling the app, and reinstalling it, but to no avail.

Please advise!

Tagged:

Answers

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 355 Moderator

Hello @e_net

We welcome you to our forum and thank you for your post describing the problem.

We would like to ask about one detail.

1. Is the F-Secure icon visible in the menu bar after reinstallation?
    2. When you click on the icon, does a menu unfold with the information that your computer is protected?
    3. Does the problem occur when you want to run the program from the menu bar?

This information will help us further analyze the problem.

Best regards

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 355 Moderator

Hi @e_net

In the meantime, I ask you to check how the settings for Login Items look like.

Please got to System Settings app -> General -> Login Items -> Allow in the Background. That list should have F-Secure mentioned.

If this feature is disabled for F-Secure then the program will not be visible. Please activate this setting for F-Secure.

Let us know how the situation looks like.

Regards

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone