F-Secure TOTAL password browser extension needs to be reconfigured every time I open my PC.

El_Shmuel
El_Shmuel Posts: 1 New Member
edited August 23 in F-Secure Total

I am running Window 10.

I have set up password vault and I'd like to use it to hold my passwords. I also want for everything to autofill. However, it is very annoying to use as every time I open my PC I need to open the F-Secure app, copy the code for the browser extension, paste the code on the extension and then it works.

In my opinion my PC is clean and safe from malware so I want to ease my life and not have to do this every single time. What's the point to auto fill if I still need to configure it again and again?

What could fix this?

Accepted Answer

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,650 Superuser
    Answer ✓

Hello,

I experienced occasional "wrong" suggestions to re-enter the authorization code for Password Vault extension. But, in my experience, this is limited to very specific situations.

If to discuss temporarily ones: hard-load for my HDD and overall system hot state; updating browser or F-Secure application or even an extension while there are multiple instances of launched browser (more precisely, one is in a normal mode and another - InPrivate/Incognito), other 'unclear' states.

With most of them - enough to wait some minutes or to close all browser's instances and launch it again.

However, with Firefox (for example) - my experience was about 'constant' trouble after upgrading from one F-Secure app build to another. So, it was stuck unless I decided to re-enter auth code.

Probably, I never experienced this request after 'each system launch' (if I entered auth code before it).

So, can you add a bit more points of your background? What's the browser in use? Did you try to restart computer (reboot) rather than shutdown PC and turn it ON? After a restart - is there still that trouble?

I think that if after entering the auth code, it is successful every time. Then, most likely, the reason for repeated requests lies in something less critical. And maybe they will be more understandable depending on the browser used or perhaps some known additional load on the system or some manner of using / running applications as a conflicting point.

Thanks!

Answers