Why do I need to authorize again and again...password manager in Firefox?

hakoar
hakoar Posts: 4 New Member

Every time when Firefox updates it or the F-Secure Total updates it, I have to re-authorize the password manager plugin in Firefox?

This is not right, how can this be fixed permanently?

Accepted Answer

Answers

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 319 Moderator

Hello @hakoar

We welcome you to our forum and thank you for your post.

In order for us to be able to provide effective assistance, we ask for some additional details.

1. On a device with which operating system the problem appeared?
    2. Does the need to re-activate with a code appear after every F-Secure or Firefox browser update?
    3. What version of F-Secure do you currently have installed on this device?
    4. What version of F-Secure browser is installed on this device?
    5. What version of the browser extension for auto- fill passwords do you have installed in your browser?

The answers to these questions will help us investigate this issue thoroughly.

Best regards.

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

• bovelrovman
    bovelrovman Posts: 1 Observer
    edited July 1

Found By chance but I have also same issue. The problem appeared on a device running Windows 10. The need to re-activate with a code appears after every F-Secure or Firefox browser update. The version of F-Secure currently installed on this device is F-Secure SAFE 18.1. The version of the F-Secure browser is 3.0. The browser extension for auto-fill passwords is version 4.2. I hope this information helps with your investigation.
    I also Get some help from YouTube like:

• hakoar

1. On a device with which operating system the problem appeared?

Latest Windows 11 Pro with all patches

1. Does the need to re-activate with a code appear after every F-Secure or Firefox browser update?

It seems to be needed when either FS client gets upgraded or the Firefox gets updated.

1. What version of F-Secure do you currently have installed on this device?

F-Secure Total 19.4

1. What version of F-Secure browser is installed on this device?

1. What version of the browser extension for auto- fill passwords do you have installed in your browser?

• hakoar

Hi,

I have reinstalled the whole app and now I'm on the 19.5 version and just got an Firefox upgrade and that made the FSKEY lost the "authorization" again.

• hakoar

How can I send a direct message?

I don't see any options for that functionality.

• JOnes
    JOnes Posts: 608 Forum Champion

There is no such possibility (direct email support address), you have to wait for F-Secure's private message and the link in it to which you can reply and send the fsdiag.zip file on the desktop (settings-->support-->run support tool).

Maybe the Moderators will participate in the discussions again next week😋

Pricing & Product Info