F-Secure Client Security Premium 15.30: Does not update

Options

Hello,

I used to have an old version of F-Secure (version 13.11.110, installed in 2019) on my Windows 10 laptop (Windows 10 Home, version 22H2, OS build 19045.4291).

Yesterday I upgraded it to F-Secure Client Security Premium 15.30.

After the upgrade, F-Secure does not seem to be getting any updates.

When I click on the small F-Secure icon in the Taskbar, it says "Setting up your protection..." and it seems to take forever (picture below).

When I go to the Settings, I can see that the update server is set to "wait.pmp-selector.local" (picture below).

Compared to this, I have the same version of F-Secure on another laptop (Windows 11) and over there, the update server is set to "guts2.sp.f-secure.com" and that one seems to work smoothly.

Things I tried, but to no avail:

1. Uninstalled F-Secure.
  2. Rebooted the laptop.
  3. Switched off Windows 10's native firewall.
  4. Reinstalled F-Secure Client Security Premium 15.30.
  5. Rebooted the laptop.

The Update server is still staying the same (wait.pmp-selector.local).

I would be grateful if someone can help me fix this please.

Thanks.

Tagged:

Answers

• CarolinaC
    CarolinaC Posts: 96 Moderator
    edited May 7
    Options

Hello @cloudroam ,

thank you for reaching out to us here on F-Secure Community Portal.

Upon review, it appears that you are currently using an older version of F-Secure Business Suite, which is no longer supported. To address this issue, we kindly ask you to contact WithSecure directly for further assistance. They will be able to provide guidance on upgrading to the latest version of the Business Suite and ensuring that your systems are up-to-date with the latest security measures.

Alternatively, you can also create a new post on the WithSecure Community Portal. https://community.withsecure.com/

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Best regards.