Connect devices greyed out in ID PROTECTION

EdwinDo
EdwinDo Posts: 1 New Member

When I want to synchronize the new F-Secure-app with the ID PROTECTION-app on my iPhone I can't get a sync-code, because the option 'Connect devices' in the ID PROTECTION-app unfortunately is greyed out. It's also impossible to export the passwords, because the option for exporting is missing.
I found out that the subscription in the ID PROTECTION-app is out-of-date which could be a reason.

How can I sync the two apps on my device?

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,852 Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Hello @EdwinDo

Welcome to the F-Secure Community. Thank you for your post.

Upon reviewing your subscription in our system, it appears that you've only registered for a trial of the F-Secure Total account, which is valid for 30 days. To better assist you, could you please provide details regarding the purchase of F-Secure ID Protection? I've sent you a private message for this purpose, and I kindly ask you to share the relevant information with me.

Furthermore, regarding the password vault export function, please note that it is currently available only on Windows and Mac platforms, and the exported format is .fsk. Could you inform us if you've synced your password vault with any other devices? If so, could you kindly list down those devices for us?

Your prompt response will greatly aid us in facilitating the migration process for you. We eagerly await your reply.

Thank you for your cooperation, and we wish you a pleasant day ahead.

Firmy
    Community Manager | F-Secure Community
    🔐 Strengthening digital security through knowledge and collaboration
    🌐 Explore our User Guides | Knowledge Base for self-help resources
    💻 Empower yourself with Cybersecurity Insights and protect what matters

Answers

• Hiro11
    Hiro11 Posts: 1 Observer

I seem to be in a similar situation.

I’ve been using ID Protection app in my iPhone (iOS) without subscription. Recently, I tried to update the app from ID Protection to integrated app “Total security” according to the EOL announcement but it seemed impossible.

Although the instruction says that I have to do “connect devices” in the ID Protection app to migrate passwords to Total security, it greys out as the origina post.

I would purchase some subscription if it solves this issue, but my concern is that new subscription would not solve it.

• JohnBrnc
    JohnBrnc Posts: 2 Observer

I also seem to be in a similar situation. I’ve been using ID Protection app in my iPhone (iOS) without subscription. When I want to synchronize the new F-Secure-app with the ID PROTECTION-app on my iPhone I can't get a sync-code, because the option 'Connect devices' in the ID PROTECTION-app unfortunately is greyed out. It's also impossible to export the passwords, because the option for exporting is missing.

• JohnBrnc
    JohnBrnc Posts: 2 Observer
    edited May 17

I also seem to be in a similar situation than the user in post 136969. I’ve been using ID Protection app in my iPhone (iOS) without subscription. When I want to synchronize the new F-Secure-app with the ID PROTECTION-app on my iPhone I can't get a sync-code, because the option 'Connect devices' in the ID PROTECTION-app unfortunately is greyed out. It's also impossible to export the passwords, because the option for exporting is missing.

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,852 Community Manager

Hello @Hiro11 @JohnBrnc

Welcome to the F-Secure Community. Thank you for your comment.

We've noticed that you have a trial account registered under the email address you used to sign up for the F-Secure Community account. I would recommend deleting this account and registering from the app instead.

To delete this account, please refer to this link.

After that, open the F-Secure ID Protection > navigate to Subscription > press Log In > fill in the details > press Accept and create account. Once done, the app will log in to the new account, and you will be able to sync the vault to the new app.

Additionally, the export vault feature is only available on the desktop version, which is compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know. We're here to help.

Thank you, and I hope you have a pleasant day.

Firmy
    Community Manager | F-Secure Community
    🔐 Strengthening digital security through knowledge and collaboration
    🌐 Explore our User Guides | Knowledge Base for self-help resources
    💻 Empower yourself with Cybersecurity Insights and protect what matters

Pricing & Product Info