Vanishing passwords with new version 19.3

Options
ISG
ISG Posts: 8 New Member

For both me  and my mum a significant number of passwords is missing after the changeover to the new version of ID-Protection (version19.3). Usernames are still there.

Updarte procedure: First I updated to the new F-Secure app on my PC. by adding a new device from my account and installed version 19.3. I synchronised passwords on mobile device and uninstall the old app on the PC.

It looks like the new version can't cope with the password history. Example:
"password":"7wFm:nb963nW9tXfo&M6u7Gah&ahc)","passwordList":[{"changedate":"1.55889246214E9","password":"@7wFm:nb963nW9tlfgZ&M6u7Gah=&ahc)"}],"rev":"4","service"

I have verified in the saved *.fsk file that whenever an entry like
[{"changedate":"1.55889246214E9","password":"@7wFm:nb963nW9tlfgZ&M6u7Gah=&ahc)"}]
is present, the latest password is not displayed in the vault.

Another issue: Despite re-linking the ID-protection app on my smartphone with the account by means of a passcode generated in the program on my computer the number of taken licenses in my account does change.

Anybody with similar experiences / remedy?

Fortunately, I had exported the passwords before the changeover and was able to insert the missing ones manually. But that cost me hours and - above all - nerves.

Such mistakes are really unforgivable! My trust in F-Secure products is gone altogether!

Tagged:

Accepted Answer

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 200 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @ISG

The problem occurred on an Android device for entries where passwords were changed. Therefore, during synchronization on Windows devices, the data of these entries did not display correctly.
    The temporary solution was to delete the password history for these entries just on the Android device that was causing the problem. Then when syncing again, they displayed correctly on the Windows device.

Best regards

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

Answers

• ISG
    Options

Update:

Despite re-linking the ID-protection app on my smartphone with the account by means of a passcode generated in the program on my computer the number of taken licenses in my account does change.

Solution: Also install the F-Secure App on the smartphone and link it by means of a passcode generated in the program on the PC. Once that is done, the F-secure app is linked. Thereafter ID-protection can be de-installed on the smartphone (don’t do that beforehand though, because then you will be forced to insert your F-secure login / password manually, which is a pain!)

• PawełP
    Options

Hello @ISG

We welcome you to our forum and thank you for your post.

Our technicians have already investigated the problem and found the cause. Currently, they are working on a permanent solution to the problem, which affects those entries where there has been a change in passwords, that is, there is a change history.

Now, the ad hoc solution is to delete the change history with these entries on the mobile device.

Please proceed as follows.

1. On a mobile device (Android), in the entry where there is a problem with synchronization, select the clock icon that should be next to the Edit option.
    2. Click on the clock icon and delete the change history.
    3. After updating the vault on the mobile device and then on the PC, the current password should appear in the vault on the PC.

Please let me know if this worked for you.

Best regards.

Pawel

• ISG
    Options

Hi Pawel,

Unfortunatley I cannot do so (any more), because meanwhile I have copied the missing passwords from the previously save .fsk file in re-inserted them in the new app. In other words, I have circumvented the problem manually.

F-Secure should test this fix and above all IMMEDIATELY inform the customers about this bug. It is really nerve-wrecking. A password manager which cannot display passwords is pointless.

• PawełP
    Options

Hello @ISG

We are very sorry for the complications that have arisen due to password migration problems.

The problem only affects some Android devices in entries where the password has been changed. Our technicians have already created an enhancement that will remove this problem. It will soon be implemented in the latest version of the program.

Once again, we are very sorry for this inconvenience.

Best regards

Pawel

• ISG
    Options

Hello Pawel,

Nope, in my case also the Windows-app was affected by the same problem. That is how I noticed the problem in the first place.

Best, ISG

• ISG
    Options

Okay, understood. Thanks.

To be honest, when my subscription runs out I will discontinue using F-Sercure for saving my passwords and look for an alternative. Too many problems lately. You have lost me and my family (4 licences) as customers for good.

• PawełP
    Options

Hello @ISG

We are very sorry for the problem that has occurred. Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience caused by this. Unfortunately, we are not able to avoid all problems with the functioning of our programs especially on some opreation systems. However, we always try to get to the cause of the problem as soon as possible and implement comprehensive solutions. This is also the case here. At the same time, we want to assure you that the collected passwords have not been deleted, nor has their security been compromised in any way. The problem was the synchronization of passwords on devices with two different operating systems, as I mentioned in a previous post.
    Once again, we sincerely apologize.

Have a good one!

Pawel

Pricing & Product Info