Why Does MAC Client Still Call App 'Freedome'?

Options
Danno
Danno Posts: 49 Contributor

F-Secure changed name from Freedome to just VPN. However, I just updated to latest Mac release and the app still identifies itself as Freedome. When will this change?

Accepted Answer

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 200 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hallo @Danno

Thank you very much for your post.

The naming differences are due to the fact that F-Secure currently offers several different programs. As for VPN, we offer it as a separate program under the name F-Secure FREEDOME and as one of the features of F-Secure Total, where it simply appears under the name VPN.

I would like to take this opportunity to clarify that, according to the information that has been appearing for some time, we are introducing changes regarding VPN. Well, the standalone F-Secure Freedome VPN app will no longer be supported after 22.5.2024.

You can read more about it in this article: F-Secure Freedome VPN reaching end of life - F-Secure Community

In turn, this article provides information on how to switch to the new F-Secure app: Switching from Freedome VPN to the new F-Secure app - F-Secure Community

Please refer to these articles.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Have a good one!

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

Answers

• Danno
    Danno Posts: 49 Contributor
    Options

Regarding iOS, will the F-Secure App be offered in the App Store or is F-Secure abandoning the iOS platform?

Product & Pricing Info