Freedome VPN causes SSL error

Options
System
System Posts: 131 Enthusiast
This discussion was created from comments split from: Activating Freedome causes SSL errors on all websites.

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,710 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @ScandinavianRM

Welcome to the F-Secure Community. Thank you for your comment.

We're regret to hear about the challenges you've encountered with F-Secure Freedome VPN. We understand how frustrating this can be, especially given your long-term use of our software.

Our commitment is to offer a seamless and dependable experience, so it's concerning to learn that you've faced these issues despite your efforts to troubleshoot.

To assist you effectively, please provide any specific error messages you've seen, the troubleshooting steps you've taken so far, and the versions of Edge and Firefox you're using on Windows 11. This information will enable us to better understand and address the issue you're facing.

Here are some troubleshooting suggestions that may help:

• Switch between Wi-Fi and Mobile data connections
    • Change your VPN location
    • Remove and reinstall the VPN profile
    • Try changing the VPN protocol

It's worth noting, as @Romain_S mentioned earlier, that changes are underway regarding our VPN services. F-Secure Freedome VPN is nearing its end of life, and we're transitioning to our new F-Secure app. For more details, you can refer to this link.

We truly value your time and feedback. Your experience is important to us, and we're committed to ensuring you have a positive VPN experience. We'll make every effort to address your concerns and find a solution that meets your needs.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you, and we appreciate your patience and understanding as we work towards resolving this issue for you.

Answers

• ScandinavianRM
    ScandinavianRM Posts: 1 Observer
    Options

So. I have experienced this problem with the same error message - or others - the whole time while using F-secure Freedome VPN. The result? Websites nod being loaded while VPN was turned on. And I've been using this software for years now.

Some sites doesn't load while the VPN has been turned on however I tried, some pages was loaded if I went through a search engine and most of the websites has worked just fine.

But as of today, I am able to reach zero sites while the VPN is on. Even public sites that works on other devices at the exact same time. I've tried to change the protocol, and many other tewaks.

Here is what I want;

1. a solution to the bad experience
    2. a possibility to send an e-mail about it and recieve and answer

I don't have time to sift through pages and pages of comments and whatnot.

Im using windows 11 and on that OS I'm using Edge and Firefox.

• JOnes
    JOnes Posts: 479 Rock Star
    Options

The company F-Secure.com, which focuses on consumer information security products, still has some challenges in the development of customer support services and this community is not really one either. However, I would assume that in the future this will be taken into account. Are the problems you have observed in the VPN service of the F-Secure 19.3 Total product occurred on certain VPN servers used or are they independent of them. ..

• Romain_S
    Romain_S Posts: 4 F-Secure Product Expert
    Options

Hello,

You can expect some VPN changes later this year focused on speed and stability improvements.

Related to #2, feel free to contact our support on https://www.f-secure.com/en/support/contact

• OSX_rulez
    OSX_rulez Posts: 27 Enthusiast
    edited April 17
    Options

LOL after so many months a lot of people are complaining, the solution is to "expect some VPN changes later this year"? F-Secure staff doesn't even reply to the reports with the app logs when submitted to their dedicated email…

Anyway, I've personally solved the problem by not renewing the subscription and I've switched to another more serious VPN provider.

Product & Pricing Info