F-Secure asks the browser extension to be reinstalled all the time

Options
adamo
adamo Posts: 7 Explorer
edited March 30 in F-Secure Total

I have the Chrome browser extension installed on all Chrome profiles and on Safari also. Still F-Secure pops up and asks me to set it up. If I click setup, it takes me to the webstore where obviously the extension shows as installed with only "remove" as an option. Removing and reinstalling does not change anything, next time I boot the computer it will ask again.

The same behavior remains even if I dismiss the notification and ask F-Secure to not tell me again.

The Chrome extension is pinned if this matters. MacOS Sonoma 14.4.1. It happens both on M1 and M2 machines.

Accepted Answer

• CarolinaC
    CarolinaC Posts: 83 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @adamo ,

thank you for contacting us here on Community Portal.

Have you tried reinstalling the entire F-Secure programme and not just the extension? Did you install F-Secure recently when this problem occurred or did it not occur before?

I would like to ask you first to reinstall the program with our uninstallation tool for Mac : https://www.f-secure.com/en/support/tools . This tool will delete all the F-Secure files and errors. To reinstall it, simply login to your My F-Secure website and release the license for the device. Next click on Add device → My device → This PC → Download for Mac.

If the problem persists after the reinstallation, I would like to ask you to create a diagnostic file that will help us determine the cause of the problem and find the best solution for it. As the diagnostic file is confidential, please send me the file by private message. I have also sent you instructions on how to create a diagnostic file via private message.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards!

Answers

• adamo
    Options

As you can see from the screenshot above the extension is installed in the browser, yet the software does not recognize this

• adamo
    Options

Some more data: This auto-triggers when Slack starts :) Possibly because it shares codebase with Chrome?