To much memory for F-secure!

Options
FtheReal
FtheReal Posts: 2 New Member
edited January 7 in F-Secure Total

Hello!

Anyone know why the F-secure add-on "fscesproviderd" is taking up so much memory? 10.69GB of my 24GB RAM. I also use Lightroom and iMovie which require the same amount each. And add to that all the other hundreds of small programs required.

/Thanks in advance!

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,702 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @FtheReal

We have an ongoing discussion, and we would like to inform you that we have released a hotfix aimed at enhancing the performance of the program. For more comprehensive details, you can refer to this link: https://community.f-secure.com/en/discussion/127643/deepguard-macos-14-2-1-and-zsh#latest

We encourage you to update the program and share your experience with us. If you encounter any further issues or have additional concerns, please feel free to let us know.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Have a good day.

Answers

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 200 Moderator
    Options

Hi @FtheReal

Welcome to our forum.

To be able to determine the cause of such a high memory consumption we will need some details about your device and diagnostic data.

1. Please tell us what is the model of your device and what version of the system you are working on.

2. What version of F-Secure software are you using?

3. What other programs do you have running when there is a problem with excessive memory consumption?

As for the diagnostic data, I will send you a private message on our forum.

Please check your inbox.

Have a nice day.

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

• FtheReal
    FtheReal Posts: 2 New Member
    Options

Hi!

1) I use an iMac 27" (2017) and OS 13.6.1.

2) F-secure version 19.4 (60838).

3) These are some of the programs. (See attached doc.)

Thanks!