is fscbootstrapnative a F-Secure process under macOS?

Options
Frankhe
Frankhe Posts: 17 Enthusiast

Hi, I have an issue with one process that is literarily eating away all my memory in macOS. It is called fscbootstrapnative and the memory consumption is just huge. See screenshot:

My question is, is this a process that belongs to F-Secure?

Tagged:

Accepted Answer

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 200 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

I apologize for only responding now, but I have been unavailable for the past week.

The diagnostic data has been analyzed by our technicians and a solution to the problem has been found. Its implementation requires the application of changes, which will be introduced in the next version of the program, i.e. 19.5. It is already being prepared for publication and should be available soon. 

So please be patient for a while longer. 

Regards

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

Answers

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 200 Moderator
    edited January 4
    Options

Hi

Thank you for your post.

Yes, it’s the process our browser extensions use to communicate with the product. Please collect the diagnostic data. We’ll check what might be causing an abnormal memory usage.

Under this link you'll find the guidelines how to collect the diagnostic data:

Using the support tool | Total | Latest | F-Secure User Guides

Please send them to me in privet message on our forum.

Have a great day

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

• Frankhe
    Options

Hi Pawel, thank you for your answer. I had to kill the process when it hit over 21 GB of memory usage. The process came back and is now using 16 MB. Currently running the Diagnostics and I will send the file in a private message.

• Guileukow
    Guileukow Posts: 1 New Member
    Options

Hello, same thing here on my macbook running Ventura 13.4, with the extension installed on edge. I had to kill this app as it was eating more than 4GB of my memory, slowing down all the work I was doing... Maybe a memory leak to check-out here.

• Frankhe
    Options

I currently try to run the support tool and gather diagnostics. It does seem to freeze after a while.

• Frankhe
    edited March 7
    Options

Hi Pawel,

Thank you for your reply. No worries, it is not a severe problem. There is a workaround available, restart the Google Chrome once in a while.

Good to hear your team found the root cause of the issue. It also took me several tries to successfully generate the diagnostics file that would contain relevant measurement information. Looking forward to the upcoming update.

Regards,

Frank

Pricing & Product Info