F-Secure VPN, no license available

Options
System
System Posts: 130 Enthusiast
Tämä uusi keskustelu luotiin viesteistä jotka lähetettiin alkujaan aiheeseen Miten helkutissa saan otettua käyttöön Freedomen...solved.

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,702 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Hude @MoFi

Welcome to the F-Secure Community. Thank you for your comments.

@Hude

We noticed that you made a new purchase outside of your account instead of renewing your current subscription. Upon checking from our end, your account registered under the email @live.com has expired. Instead of renewing it within your account, you made a new purchase on our official website using the same email address. This is why the subscription is not reflecting in your current account.

We recommend renewing the current account, and the subscription will automatically be updated on your account and the app. We can assist you with the refund.

However, if you prefer to use the current purchase, you have two options:

1. Register the account using a different email address and reactivate the application with the new account.
    2. Delete the current account, register it using the same email address, and reactivate it after registering the account.

@MoFi

Your current subscription is valid until May 2024, and you made a new purchase outside of your account. F-Secure VPN no longer uses an activation code; we have migrated to an account-based system for more effective license and subscription management. For more details, refer to this My F-Secure account required for F-Secure VPN subscriptions - F-Secure Community.

In your situation, we will assist you with the refund, and you can continue using the current subscription until it expires. Within 30 days before it expires, you can renew the subscription as guided in this Renewing your F-Secure subscription | Total | Latest | F-Secure User Guides. We have sent you a private message for confirmation of the refund.

If you need further assistance, please let us know. We're here to help.

Thank you, and have a good day.

Answers

• Hude
    Hude Posts: 1 New Member
    Options

just bought a new license from you Black Friday campaign... and when I go to my f-secure it shows that I don't have a license... what should I do?

• MoFi
    MoFi Posts: 4 New Member
    Options

I have a current subscription which runs until May next year. I wanted to take advantage of the Black Friday deals and I purchase another 2-year VPN subscription which I intend to activate next year in May when the current runs out.

However, after the purchase I have NOT receive an activation code. Just a reference number. When/how do I get the actual code?

• MoFi
    Options

Same here. This is ridiculous.

• MoFi
    Options

Does it mean that I need to take advantage of this promotion using a different email address? Also, if I make a purchase, does the subscription start from the date of purchase or from the first install on a device (or the creation of the account)? Thanks!

• Firmy
    Options

Hello @MoFi

Thank you for your reply.

Does it mean that I need to take advantage of this promotion using a different email address?

That is correct; however, we do not recommend doing that as you currently have an active subscription. If you proceed with this, you will end up with two accounts, each with a different subscription.

Also, if I make a purchase, does the subscription start from the date of purchase or from the first install on a device (or the creation of the account)?

The subscription period will begin after you receive the confirmation email from our payment partner, Cleverbridge. If you make a new purchase, the confirmation email will contain a registration link. On the other hand, if you renew the subscription from your existing account, the subscription will be automatically updated in the account and the app.

Can we proceed with the refund process now?

• MoFi
    Options

Ok, thanks. You can process the refund.

• Firmy
    Options

Hello @MoFi

Thank you for confirming.

We have processed the refund and sent you the confirmation via private message.

Should you have any further inquiries or need additional assistance, please feel free to let us know. We are here to help.

Product & Pricing Info