Safe Browsing Trusted website pop-up notifications

Options
Martesen
Martesen Posts: 1 Observer
edited May 2 in F-Secure Total

On one of our desktop PCs my wife is getting a Safe Browsing Trusted website pop-up EVERY SINGLE TIME she changes webpages. This is intensely annoying as she does a lot of work on eBay. I have added eBay.co.uk to the Trusted Exceptions list but it still happens. To stop it I have had to turn OFF the Trusted Shopping notifications completely, which means she doesn't have this protection on her PC. I do not get this behaviour on my own PC despite having the Trusted Shopping notifications set to ON.

What am I doing wrong?

Accepted Answer

• Wiggy409
    Wiggy409 Posts: 1 Observer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Same question - How do I stop the pop-ups?

They happen multiple times for the same for the same website!

Answers

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 218 Moderator
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hi @Wiggy409

This issue is already discussed under this post.

Annoying Pop-up — F-Secure Community

I think it will be helpful

Have a nice day

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,632 Superuser
    Options

Hello,

Sorry for the discussion. I am only an F-Secure user.

To stop it I have had to turn OFF the Trusted Shopping notifications completely, which means she doesn't have this protection on her PC

If only "Trusted Shopping" option is disabled, then there is still protection. However, she will not receive a notification in case if 'fake/rogue' shopping website opened. If only eBay.co.uk is in use, then no extra protection there (since it is rated as 'safe' and 'trusted' already); only reminder about legitimacy of this resource.

I do not get this behaviour on my own PC despite having the Trusted Shopping notifications set to ON.

Could you try to figure out any reason? Is there any difference between devices? Maybe operating system or browser? For example, her device is Windows 11 and main browser is Google Chrome; while your PC is Windows 10 and main browser is Microsoft Edge (as an example).

Also, did you try the same pattern of use? I mean, opening related eBay.co.uk pages or something like this?

Thanks!

Same question - How do I stop the pop-ups?

About how to stop the pop-ups: a hint is provided in the above reply/comment.

but..

They happen multiple times for the same for the same website!

Could you clarify this part?

Did you mean refreshing website/webpage. Like:

• open Shopping website; get notification about its rating (as a pop-pup);
    • refreshing page (F5 or related logo in the browser's bar); get this pop-up again;

Or did you mean:

• searching websites like if in Search engine;
    • open multiple instances of Shopping website for different items from search engine;
    • after opening each tab - you see this pop-up for each tab?

Or:

• you visited Shopping website, then navigating across its structure and occasionally there is extra pop-ups about?

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.