Tamper protection is disabled

Options
m172nld
m172nld Posts: 5 Observer

There is an item in the settings:

Tamper protection

with the description:

Tamper protection prevents malicious applications from terminating the product's central security processes.

and the information:

Error:

Tamper protection cannot be switched on. You must reinstall the product.

What does this mean in concrete terms?

Do I first have to uninstall F-Secure Internet Security via the Windows Control Panel and then reinstall it? Or does it mean something else?

Many thanks for your help!

m172nld

Accepted Answer

Answers

• m172nld
    Options

Hi, marmab,

it happened as I feared:

After deinstalling F-Secure the installation-CD did not work. Next I searched the web for F-Secure-install possibilities and was told to update free to F-Secure-Total.

What I did.

Then I saw that my runtime for the program ends in 30days while my "real" runtime ends in 2025.

so I deinstalled the "Total"-F-Secure and downloaded F-Secure from the website where I bought it. But again I am told that the runtime ends in 30 days.

BTW: Tamper protection is working now. But THAT was not really what should happen...

Any ideas how I can get back my F-Secure-Internet Security Version 19.1 expiring 08.06.2025?

Best regards

Juergen

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 200 Moderator
    Options

Hi @m172nld

From what you write I'm guessing that you have been using a version of the program based on license codes so far. It is currently not possible to install this version. You installed the account-based version in My F-Secure on your device and created a test account, which is valid for 30 days.

Do you have the code for your current license? If so, send it to me in a private message on the forum. 

I will try to activate this license from the code in your My F-Secure account. 

I will be waiting for your private message.

Have a great day.

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

• m172nld
    Options

Hello, Pawel, I'd like to send you a private message but can't find how I can do it. Going to your profile I can't find any "Send a private message to Pawel" or something alike...

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,702 Community Manager
    Options

Hello @m172nld

I have sent you a private message. Kindly share the subscription code.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you, and have a good day.

• m172nld
    Options

Is Firmy the same as PawelP?

I receiver several private messages from Firmy but none from PawelP!

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,702 Community Manager
    Options

Hello @m172nld

As a recap of our discussion, we have successfully transferred your subscription to F-Secure Total for 3 devices. We recommend installing the new F-Secure Total as a replacement for the old F-Secure Internet Security. For detailed guidance, please refer to this link: Installing the product on your computer | Total | Latest | F-Secure User Guides.

If you have any further inquiries or require additional assistance, feel free to reach out. We are here to help.

Thank you, and have a good day.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info