One Device One License

Options
System
System Posts: 131 Enthusiast
edited April 2 in F-Secure Total
This discussion was created from comments split from: New F-Secure and "One License/One Device".

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,733 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @User_69760

Welcome to the F-Secure Community. Thank you for your comment.

We can ensure that even you have multiple users on a single device (Windows or Mac), it would only consume one license. Therefore, if your wife logs in to her profile on the same Windows computer, we recommend that she uses her own My F-Secure credentials. Your credentials cannot be used to log in on another profile, as your account is already logged in, and you will only be able to set up the account as a child account.

Once she has completed this process, you will notice that the same computer is registered under her name, however, no license will be deducted from your account.

Additionally, it seems you haven't invited her as a sub-user under your account. We recommend doing this to allow her to log in to her profile. You can refer to this link for assistance: Sharing protection with a family member or friend | Total | Latest | F-Secure User Guides

If you have any further questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to help.

Thank you, and have a great day.

Answers

• User_69760
    User_69760 Posts: 1 Observer
    Options

Apologies for somewhat graveyard bumping this post, but...

I'm experiencing something similar with my wife's computer. We both have a Windows user profile on the computer. I installed F-Secure Safe on the computer and logged into F-Secure, when I was using my own user profile on the computer.

But when my wife uses her own login on the same computer, she has to log in to F-Secure as well, which uses up an additional license.

It used to be, that once I was logged into F-Secure, so was my wife. But not anymore. Now her computer will essentially use up two licenses, which is definitely not 1 device/1 license.

Can someone explain this?

Cheers.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,634 Superuser
    Options

Hello,

There was a small discussion about:

multiple user accounts on my mac after Update to Fsecure 19.3 for mac — F-Secure Community

It used to be, that once I was logged into F-Secure, so was my wife. But not anymore. Now her computer will essentially use up two licenses, which is definitely not 1 device/1 license. Can someone explain this?

As I think, the situation is changed when Password Vault (instead of F-Secure ID Protection) and Privacy VPN (instead of F-Secure Freedome) became a part of F-Secure TOTAL app rather than F-Secure TOTAL package (where you need to install F-Secure SAFE + F-Secure IDP + F-Secure Freedome).

Now, F-Secure TOTAL app has built-in Password Vault, ID Monitoring, Privacy VPN. Set of features with requirement of 'login' in system's another user account.

However, if some features are not important to a certain use - then it is possible to keep it as "unlogged". As mentioned in official response (""These features are not usable without login: Password Vault, ID monitoring, Family Rules. These features work without login: Antivirus, Browsing/Banking protection, VPN."")

Let's say, I did not check it enough good with a recent days - always suspected something about after a certain date. the rest was in the original topic (where you tried to reply).

Currently I do use 'another users' in laptops as 'not logged'. So, extra license is not used. Yet, maybe I will check what can be after logging.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.