multiple user accounts on my mac after Update to Fsecure 19.3 for mac

Options
FsecHelp93
FsecHelp93 Posts: 3 New Member
edited October 2023 in Home Security Beta Programs

I have multiple user accounts on my macbook air (Ventura) computer. I have fs protection acting normally on my "main" mac user account.

However, when I log in as another mac user, fs protection requests for login. When I enter correct login, it says I am already logged in and continues to warn me that I have to login for the full protection.

I do not want to set up another device, but have fs protection be logged in also on this other Windows user account. How to achieve this?

Tagged:

Answers

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,624 Superuser
    Options

Hello,

There was a recent comment about design in FS Protection (Multiple Windows users - FS Protection login not accepted on others but the main user — F-Secure Community), which may explain your situation.

However, even based on my experience with Windows laptop - I think your experience is close to mine (but not precisely perfect).

I have multiple user accounts on my macbook air (Ventura) computer. I have fs protection acting normally on my "main" mac user account.

Let's say, my set-up is Windows laptop with four user accounts. One is the main (administrator), where FS Protection acting fully and with no questions.

And three other user accounts are a kind of 'regular' user-type (administrator's password is required to any UAC-specific action).

I installed fs protection when logged in main user account. And set the profile as "for me".

Whenever I tried to open any other user account. There is a "Task" about "login"-request. It is happened after some betas (quite a while ago). Before that - I kept it as a child-profile (I do not know why it is dropped).

By logging - you will activate some more features like Password Vault, ID Monitoring, Parental Control (and so things which was described in mentioned comment). And the task should to mention this situation (meaning: if you will login - you will receive a full-scale protection).

However, I still keep these user accounts unlogged. Still working about AV and BP modules. If I remember good - VPN is greyed-out, though.

However, when I log in as another mac user, fs protection requests for login. When I enter correct login, it says I am already logged in and continues to warn me that I have to login for the full protection.

That's the difference, which explained in the mentioned comment.

Perhaps, you cannot use another user-account as "for you" again (since it is already as "for you" in the main mac user).

Is there any other option to set-up account/profile after entering correct login? Or it is immediately will claim that you are already logged-in?

How many licenses in your fs protection subscription?

Can you try to check if you actually logged-in (by user-logo clicking in main UI) and maybe just a task is a bit of wrong? By any way - can you try to log-out / log-in manually (not via a task)?

Also, can you experimenting with log-out/log-in in your main user account? Could you try to reinstall fs protection?

I do not want to set up another device, but have fs protection be logged in also on this other Windows user account. How to achieve this?

However, this is a hard part.

Perhaps, you cannot have fs protection be logged-in also on this other Windows user account while using Mac.

Otherwise, you should 'register' both devices - macbook and Windows system.

Thanks!