Freedome MacOS Sonora is Blocking Local Access

Options
Danno
Danno Posts: 49 Contributor
edited April 2 in F-Secure VPN

Suddenly Freedome is blocking my MacBook Pro M1 from local network. The 5G local network is listed in Trusted in Freedome. If I turn off VPN, problem is fixed. Freedome is Version 2.64.767.0. Is this a known bug?

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,702 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Danno

Thank you for your reply.

Firstly, please remember not to share any personal information here, as it could potentially be misused. We've removed the information you shared to safeguard your privacy. To keep our community safe and respectful, please take a moment to review our community guidelines: F-Secure Community User Guidelines — F-Secure Community.

Now, regarding the issue you're facing with not being able to find the network in F-Secure Total, let's try to resolve it.

We recommend starting by restarting both your router and your Mac. After the restart, attempt to connect to a different network and then switch back to the network you want to trust. Once you've done this, please check the app to see if the network appears in the list.

Please let us know how it goes after trying these steps.

Thank you for your cooperation, and I wish you a great day.

Answers

• Danno
    Options

I had to check a network called "Wi-Fi" that is my router address. Now local works. Strange since I made no changes other than upgrading software.

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,702 Community Manager
    Options

Hello @Danno

Thank you for your post and comment.

It's possible that there might be a bug on macOS 14, Sonoma. However, no worries, if the issue continues, please don't hesitate to inform us. We're here to help and will certainly look into this matter from our end.

Thanks a lot, and I hope you have a fantastic day.

• Danno
    edited October 2023
    Options

This is my 5G local WiFi per MacOS Sonoma (These are VLAN where xxxxxxx_2G is for IoT):

Freedome does not list xxxxxxx_5G WiFi only my core Firewall/Router at xxxxxxx:

Edit: PII removed

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info