Switching from old F-Secure AV to new F-Secure Subscription gets lost

Options
Rainer_LH
Rainer_LH Posts: 1 New Member
edited April 2 in F-Secure Total

Hi,

when i upgrade from F-Secure (dicontinued) to F-Secure from the Link, the subscription ist running out at 25.10.2023 although the original subscrition lasts until 30.11.2024.

I created a F-Secure Account after upgrading to new F-Secure.

What am i doing wrong?

Thank you

Rainer

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,784 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Rainer_LH

Welcome to the F-Secure Community. Thank you for your post.

As suggested by @Ukko, and based on the information from an online article, if you create an account directly from the notification within the app, your subscription should automatically migrate to your My F-Secure account. It's possible that the issue may have occurred if you created a trial account on our official website instead.

However, after reviewing your account, I see that you already have an existing account for F-Secure Internet Security, billed by EDV. Alternatively, it's possible you registered this account using a different email address.

I've sent you a private message. Please share further details with me so we can assist you in resolving this situation.

Thank you, and I hope you have a wonderful day.

Answers

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,641 Superuser
    Options

Hello,

What am i doing wrong?

I think that creating F-Secure Account is a part of upgrading. So, it is should not be possible to do "after".

At least, this instruction:

means it.

Could you check if your experience was similar to described in KB article?

Also, there are some topics about difficulties with upgrading and somehow 'lost states'. Maybe you hit something related. In that case (and, basically, since you are already with some set-up / accounts - with any case) I will recommend to contact their Official Support channel.

For example, web-chat (bottom-right corner's widget) should available even on Weekends. If it is 'unavailable' - so try just a bit later, because on current minute all Support agents (experts) are working on someone's situation.

Alternatively, you can wait some time (day or days) and F-Secure Community official people will handle it for you (as a most likely scenario).

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.