Problem with version 19.1

Options
rajmj9600
rajmj9600 Posts: 8 Explorer

I think the current version 19.1 gives a couple of problems. For instance the browser extension does not work although it has happened once.

I reinstalled the browsers extensions but that did not resolve the issue. I had to reinstall f-secure twice and finally it resolved.

Another issue is the capricorn engine takes long to get the latest update.

I hope to get all the problems resolved with the version 19.2. It will hopefully arrive by the second or third week of october.

Tagged:

Accepted Answer

• rajmj9600
    rajmj9600 Posts: 8 Explorer
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Firmy My problem has already been resolved a couple of days ago.

I had to uninstall f-secure, restart my pc and then deleted the residuals from registry, appdata, program data and program files. I then reinstalled fsecure and the problem with irregular capricorn update is gone.

The problem with browser extension was also there and that was resolved too.

BTW my laptop runs on win 11 pro 22h2. I regularly download and install all the available update.

The browser extension version is 5.1.2.7.

The problem with browser extension was that the website rating(green check mark) was not working with none of the website(unfortunately I do not have the screenshots).

The problem was with both chrome and egde.

Answers

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,702 Community Manager
    Options

Hello @rajmj9600

Thank you for your post.

I think the current version 19.1 gives a couple of problems. For instance the browser extension does not work although it has happened once.

We'd love to assist you further, however, we'll need a bit more information to get to the bottom of this.

Could you please provide us with some additional details? Specifically:

• What's your operating system version?

• Which version of the extension are you using?

• Are you experiencing this issue on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge?

• When you say the extension isn't working, could you elaborate on what exactly is happening?

Another issue is the capricorn engine takes long to get the latest update.

We've rolled out a new Capricorn update yesterday. Make sure to check if you've received this update. On another note, our database update is an additional layer of protection for our products. Our primary defense relies on Security Cloud analysis, providing you with real-time, round-the-clock security.

For more detailed information, you can refer to the links below:

What is Security Cloud? - F-Secure Community

F-Secure_Security_Cloud.pdf

Thank you for your cooperation, and we hope you have a wonderful day.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info