Quarantine files deletion

Options
rajmj9600
rajmj9600 Posts: 8 Explorer

Hello everyone. I have two questions.

1) Does f-secure automatically delete quarantined files after a certain period or it stays forever unless the user manually delete it? 2) Does uninstalling f-secure automatically delete quarantined files or it gets restored after reinstalling the AV?Thank you.

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,702 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @rajmj9600

Welcome to the F-Secure Community. Thank you for your post.

1) Does f-secure automatically delete quarantined files after a certain period or it stays forever unless the user manually delete it?

Quarantined files are not automatically deleted.

When F-Secure app quarantines a file, it means that it has identified the file as a potential threat and has isolated it from the rest of your system. This prevents the file from causing any damage to your computer or network.

The file will remain in quarantine until you manually delete it. To do this, you can follow the instructions in the link you provided.

2) Does uninstalling f-secure automatically delete quarantined files or it gets restored after reinstalling the AV?

Uninstalling the file will delete it.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or need further assistance.

Thank you, and have a great day.

Answers

• rajmj9600
    rajmj9600 Posts: 8 Explorer
    Options

@Firmy thank you so much for your time in answering my questions.

I thought after uninstallation of f-secure, the quarantined files would stay in "app data" folder but that's not the case. The quarantined files get deleted as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info